Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,021
Anybody interested in a Sunday ride? Probably have to make a late start, @11 ish.

·
Registered
752 Posts
05svnick, welcome to the forum man! Unfortunately I just sold my track SV (to John on here) and am moving out of state, but these guys are great and will certainly help you out. Can't say enough about the awesome support over the years!

Anyway, bummer, I just sold my integrated light about a month ago. Could have hooked you up on that. Couldn't quite decipher the wiring from your first pics. But yes, from the new kit that you have, those block things are the resistors for the turn signals. That will make it so you have a "normal" blink rate for the tail light turn signals. Since they are LED and it's a 12v system, they would blink super fast without the resistors in line. Yep, looks like the main connector is for the brake.

Bike looks great! Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! Looking forward to being able to ride it other than around the block. It's been a long while. I figured most of the wiring stuff out. Now just can't figure out how to get the right signal to actually blink. Left blinks normal without the resistor but the right side just stays solid. Kinda stumped for now but I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,025
We should plan on next Thursday if possible. My info says there will be a handful of 50's Brit cars there, MG, Jaguars, etc.

As for the weekend, I'm off, but of course have shopping and other errands for Saturday. I'd like to get out for a ride Sunday if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,026
Ok, looks like a ride is on for Saturday. 1130 at the QT gas station on Grand/Mountain View.
It's a much later start than most of our rides, but we'll still have plenty of daylight for the usual run up the hill.
Pat, are you up to a long ride yet?
Anybody else want to get in on this?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Larry,
That was a nice ride today, could have been warmer in Prescott and less crowded, and free food, drinks, and lodging!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,030
Warmer is coming, and less crowded is an off and on thing, but free food, drink, and lodging is probably not going to happen.

Not to mention I may have to give up my title as double yellow line king.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
"but free food, drink, and lodging is probably not going to happen. "
Obviously we're not special enuf yet.

Not to mention I may have to give up my title as double yellow line king.

People were very kind to me today, and voluntarily pulled over for me.

The late start was nice, maybe a bit earlier next time. Next Sunday if you have time stop out at AMP.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,032
Anybody want to hit up bike night tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,036
Anybody riding this weekend? I have Sunday and Monday off. Let's take advantage of this lovely weather.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Fellas, my time is quickly drawing to an end here and some family complications have used up most of my extra time here to enjoy getting ready to go. I had to go out to Cali for 2 weeks because my Bro was in the hospital (things are progressing now) and I had to move my outprocessing 1 week early. Not sure if I'll be able to meet up for a going away dinner or not. Maybe I can swing bike night Thurs quick one last time and grab a brew. I'll certainly get back to you though! Ride safe!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,039
Eric thanks for the offer but I don't need the bag. I do remember it from one of the Alpine trips, definitely a good item for travel.

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope everything turns out OK.

I'll be able to make bike night this Thursday, anybody else able to come by?

3021 - 3040 of 3133 Posts