Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Those days should work for me too. Do y'all think it'll be a little cool up there then?

Unrelated, but I found out my dirt bike will do 80 mph. That's with 13-52 gearing, and that was all it had. Also, I have new tires coming for Chris's dirt bike. The ones on there were made in November...of 2002! They still look ok, but are really hard. I took it out and thrashed it some and was sliding all over the place. It was kinda fun but spooky all at the same time. That little thing is pretty fun and surprisingly spunky for a 125.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
average temps in Durango that time of year look to be a high of 79, low of 46. Telluride area is 81/51 average high/low. Cortez is 81/47 average high/low.

i think that would be generally warmer than when we were there before when there was snow in places.

(all temps from http://www.wunderground.com)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I took the SV up to Payson and to the Tonto natural bridge with a few guys on Harleys. So after all new fluids and new tires she runs pretty strong. Still need to sort out some new suspension though. And after 200+ miles, I'm seriously considering going back to bars. The Woodcraft coupons are pretty harsh on the long highway stints. Or maybe I'm not as young as I used to be.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
How goes it SV suckers?! Been a long time but I was curious if anyone was interested in doing 191 this year. I got a text from Mike and it sounds like May would be a good month. I can't do any big rides this year as I'm closing on a new house and got a baby on the way. However, I am getting the itch and can't stand to watch the R1 sit in the garage.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,289
Justin that's great news. congrats!

we've been talking about durango in sept. don't think I can swing a 191 ride as soon as may, but maybe a day ride to SRC for a few laps. also mt lemmon is on the list for spring rides. I know that's a long way for you for a one day ride, but the liter bike does eat up the miles.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
so the last weekend in August is Labor day, how about the weekend after that? Sept 5, 6, & 7?
I heard mention of sv co rally in the earlier posts. Is this a private party or are other riders welcome? I don't know much about your riding pace, or skills but I was also planning a trip to that area in search of twisty roads and thrills.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
805 Posts
How goes it SV suckers?! Been a long time but I was curious if anyone was interested in doing 191 this year. I got a text from Mike and it sounds like May would be a good month. I can't do any big rides this year as I'm closing on a new house and got a baby on the way. However, I am getting the itch and can't stand to watch the R1 sit in the garage.
Hey Justin and everyone, We did not talk any exact date but I was guessing May 24-25th or May 31 - June 1rst since the other weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Any idea how bad traffic might be on a holiday weekend?

Everybody is welcome to join the ride but no group ride planned at this point.

I heard mention of sv co rally in the earlier posts. Is this a private party or are other riders welcome? I don't know much about your riding pace, or skills but I was also planning a trip to that area in search of twisty roads and thrills.

We are all wild and crazy riders, crossing on double yellows in traffic around blind corners.........oh wait, that is just Larry.:naughty::D

We are a good group of riders, even Pat, and no one does anything dumb, usually, and we allow any decent rider to join us and just require that you ride at your pace and safe.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,292

crossing on double yellows in traffic around blind corners.........oh wait, that is just Larry.:naughty::D

... ride at your pace and safe.
you can paint all your life and they'll never call you an artist, but boy, you cross one yellow line, (or is that technically two yellow lines?), and you are branded for life. (actually that joke is not about a yellow line crosser, but we'll keep it clean for svrider.)

phred, you are more than welcome. we once had a rally where 17(?) sv's showed up- and one can-am- . (pics are somewhere on this site.) didn't know half of them, but we all had a good time. like Mike says, ride at your own pace and be safe. no one gets left behind, the faster riders will stop every now and then to let everyone re-group.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,296
I should be free for a sunday ride. open to suggestions as to where. it's getting hot, so the higher altitudes would be nice, maybe the big loop up to payson/strawberry, through Jerome and Prescott. or maybe mt lemmon. in either case that would mean an early start and an all day ride.
or we could do a shorter ride like cave creek with some laps at rattlesnake cove, but with this weather we can expect a lot of boat trailer traffic out there.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I should be free for a sunday ride. open to suggestions as to where. it's getting hot, so the higher altitudes would be nice, maybe the big loop up to payson/strawberry, through Jerome and Prescott. or maybe mt lemmon. in either case that would mean an early start and an all day ride.
or we could do a shorter ride like cave creek with some laps at rattlesnake cove, but with this weather we can expect a lot of boat trailer traffic out there.
Would love to do a long ride, but still recovering from the broken wrist. I would say either mt. Lemmon since that is fairly close for me or a Yarnell run. I have not been to either since 2009. I am good with Sunday. Just let me know which trip Larry and srstatz, you are welcome to join.

John, I would REALLY REALLY love to do your ride idea but can't yet. ;D

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,298
Would love to do a long ride, but still recovering from the broken wrist. I would say either mt. Lemmon since that is fairly close for me or a Yarnell run. I have not been to either since 2009. I am good with Sunday. Just let me know which trip Larry and srstatz, you are welcome to join.

John, I would REALLY REALLY love to do your ride idea but can't yet. ;D
mt lemmon is still pretty far if you're still recovering from the wrist. wouldn't want to get all the way to Tucson and have that wrist start bothering you and then be facing a long ride home. maybe play it safe and head out to cave creek. that way if we get there and your wrist starts feeling sore we can skip the hard curves at the lake and just stay in town.

·
Registered
805 Posts
mt lemmon is still pretty far if you're still recovering from the wrist. wouldn't want to get all the way to Tucson and have that wrist start bothering you and then be facing a long ride home. maybe play it safe and head out to cave creek. that way if we get there and your wrist starts feeling sore we can skip the hard curves at the lake and just stay in town.
You are right but not by much. Just checked and a cave Creek ride would be 87 miles each way for me and mt. Lemmon would be 121 miles each way. I am open to either option but guess slight preference for cave creek.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,300
ok, how about meeting at the shell station on cave creek rd just north of the 101 freeway. (I think it's rose garden ln.)
what time's good for you?

anybody else in for this?

2281 - 2300 of 3132 Posts