Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3132 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i win the prize.

just realized i've got the 5000th post in AZ rider talk, so i'm officially starting a new Az. thread.

also, i've noticed that there are a lot of riders here in the phoenix metro area, yet we consistently have about 2 two 4 regular riders on our weekend runs up the hill.

c'mon dudes, (and dudettes), let's get out there and ride!

(after checking again, it looks like i have the 5001st post. dang! John wins the prize for 5000th post, a yamaha r6. enjoy.)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
i like the old post better....

i emailed a guy about a track bike, it has no vin but it has serial number cause it has a new frame. thoughts? price is pretty good for what it is.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Do it! If you're sure it's not hot, and you'd never register or insure it, why the he11 not?! Lot's of goodies available, and maybe even some of the SV stuff might fit.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
it is a decent price, but to be honest a bike with no title or vin is kinda scary. i just would hate to buy a stolen bike. and not just cause it could get taken away by the man, just dont want to be a part of that stuff.

John, i have been looking to move on to a new bike for a while now. i think to the point that Shauna has heard enough of it! :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
it is a decent price, but to be honest a bike with no title or vin is kinda scary. i just would hate to buy a stolen bike. and not just cause it could get taken away by the man, just dont want to be a part of that stuff.
)
Ditto, my justification was that the R6 was just for the track, and I have never seen any people from the state checking VIN's out there.

For what it's worth I did run a VIN check on it thru the net.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
John, i wanted to run the vin too, but cant. I have heard that when a rash of bikes go missing, then the authorities go to the track and make you start proving ownership. Not that i think that is a huge possibility, but something i want no part of.

Was the R6 an AZ titled/registered bike? You can check the vin for liens and everything with local dmv or 3rdyou party dmv for a fee.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pat, if the title is :shifty: you could always go with the original plan of buying a 750 for the street and making the sv track only, especially as you've already done so much to upgrade the suspension, brakes, and got that nice looking set of plastics. not to mention you can set the carbs for high speed WOT :vroom: and just leave it that way, no emissions, and no choking the riders behind you.

anyway, i got the rear metzler on this morning, elephants at both ends now. (not to mention going out for lunch at the elephant bar later- gotta love it!)
always something different with a tire mount though. this time the tire went on like greasy bacon, and oddly enough the PITA this time was readjusting the chain. i must have lost count of how many turns i had backed off the adjusters and had to redo it twice.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have heard that when a rash of bikes go missing, then the authorities go to the track and make you start proving ownership. Not that i think that is a huge possibility, but something i want no part of.
I would have a hard time believing that all the people at the track carry their registrations with them, especially for the track dedicated bikes. I seen a few bikes on Criags list, for what that is worth, where there is a 'Bill of Sale' only. YMMV

Was the R6 an AZ titled/registered bike?
No, best I have is the previous owners name, or maybe not his name.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Jeff that first one is the one i was looking at! lol
i did nto see that 750 though.. how did i miss it?
the last one, not looking for another sv, 1 is enough for now.

thank you for finding the 750 though, i might contact them tonight!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Bah. Bank schmank. Pay cash and no paper trail "Mr. Smith". Or is it Jones?

As for the search, I just use track for the search term in ye olde Craigslist window.

1 - 20 of 3132 Posts