Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE BULBS?!

I bought these bulbs off amazon. Seems times they are-a-changing because bulbs have fans now as well. Anybody have experience with such bulbs? I get worried about stuff catching extreme heat and shmelting. Any advice or words of wisdom? They seem like they could be a nice upgrade especially at night!
LINK HERE

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have them and wouldn't want to go back to Halogen bulbs. They do work reasonably well with the stock reflectors, you may have to lower the headlight throw a bit. Also, the high beam does not make much of a difference in distance, it mostly improves visibility of traffic signs and such. I like the bright white light they produce and the low energy consumption, as I need all the amps for my heated gear.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Bottom line - GTR Gen 3 Ultra wins.
The only problem is these are sold in pairs for over $200. I'm tempted to replace my Auxbeam with about to buy the ADV Monster H4 R3 LED for $45 plus $5 shipping. It has apparently a good beam pattern for both low and high beam, 3x as bright as the Auxbeam (3500 vs 1250 lumens), uses only 20W on low beam, has no fan, and waterproof. See this recent thread for a user opinion and this review on YouTube: https://youtu.be/xy3MYpDfstg

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have installed the ADV Monster and have compared the low and high beams with the Auxbeam LED I'm removing. The difference is massive as you can see:
Low Beam

High Beam

The Auxbeam is much more scattered with a very bright spot in the center. Its high beam goes everywhere.
The ADV Monster has a very precise cut off line and is very balanced. Its high beam is directly on top of the low beam and very centered. I'd say it was worth the $50.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have installed the ADV Monster and have compared the low and high beams with the Auxbeam LED I'm removing. The difference is massive as you can see:
Low Beam

High Beam

The Auxbeam is much more scattered with a very bright spot in the center. Its high beam goes everywhere.
The ADV Monster has a very precise cut off line and is very balanced. Its high beam is directly on top of the low beam and very centered. I'd say it was worth the $50.
Well I found my next bulb purchase. Maybe I'll catch you at Floyd Bennett sometime, we can show off our lights. Lol.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The nice thing about the ADV Monster is that you can separate the H4 socket from the body. That enables you to put the dust cap back on, and then slide the body in. It is anchored in the socket by turning it clockwise.
But when I turned it all the way in, the light was not horizontal, so I turned it back a bit so it's parralel to the ground. Not sure if that's a design error or intentional.

If you want to compare lights, hit me up on the gram: Instagram @sv650nyc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The nice thing about the ADV Monster is that you can separate the H4 socket from the body. That enables you to put the dust cap back on, and then slide the body in. It is anchored in the socket by turning it clockwise.
But when I turned it all the way in, the light was not horizontal, so I turned it back a bit so it's parralel to the ground. Not sure if that's a design error or intentional.

If you want to compare lights, hit me up on the gram: Instagram @sv650nyc
How did you get the dust cap on with the Auxbeams? I barely fit those caps around the bulb fans and those fans are sitting inside the dust cap. Even though the airflow is there, it is most likely constricted, and I feel like this is cause for melting down the road. What's your experience?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can't get the dust cap on with the Auxbeam. I had no issues with the heat. I doubt the LEDs get hot enough to melt plastic. A halogen bulb is a heater in comparison.
I got them on. My bulb sockets look like uncircumcised. :lmao: Pictures to come lol.

Thanks for info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts