Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dr Ron Paul Congress man from Texas is proposing HR1207 that would call for an audit of the Fed who have been running our economy into the ground with no oversight for too long. Please check it out and if your congress man/woman has not cosigned then write them and ask them too, its simple, Ronpaul.com has a sample letter you can just cut and paste into an email to you representative. I sent mine just a little bit ago!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sadly I will not trust most things out of any politicians mouth once they have spent more than a few years in the political arena. Lying just becomes second nature for all of them.

I never said he wrote it, only that he published it...in a magazine that was titled "Ron Paul's Newsletter" with him as the lead editor. Even if he didn't pen the articles, by publishing them under his name there is at the very least an implied agreement with the authors viewpoints. This is why all magazines will have disclaimers at the end of any articles whose view diverges greatly from that of the editors. By publishing it under his name he had a certain responsibility to ensure that the views put forth coincided with his or else he shouldn't be surprised when those views are attributed to him.

Regardless, I would have had a lot more respect for him if hadn't first claimed that the articles were never written, and then when they were dug up claiming that he didn't even know who wrote them.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, we definitely need more commities, inquiries, and wasted time in congress.

We already know the economy is bad. What good will come from pointing a finger?
are you retarded? you know absolutely nothing about economics do you? you know why a loaf of bread costs $1+ now when our parents(i'm 26) paid a nickel for the same loaf of bread? its called inflation and its the reason the USD is worth nothing. The Fed is a group of bankers that are out to make a profit for themselves by screwing the country, not to forget the fact that they were created by congress when congress didn't/doesn't have the power to do that...the FED IS ILLEGAL!

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Yes, I am retarded, and it's very hard for me to discuss things on this board because of my medical condition. Thanks for picking on me. :( Do you beat up kittens and steal candy from babies too? Monster.

And I'm not sure where you're buying your bread, but I'd like to find out... $1 is cheap!!!!

What tipped you off about me not knowing anything about economics? Was it my post, or the fact that my screen name isn't ASCEconomist?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I'm not sure where you're buying your bread, but I'd like to find out... $1 is cheap!!!!
sorry for understating the problem, i don't buy much bread ;)

and good try on making me feel bad about the retard comment, but i'm not a PC wussy so i don't care..although if you are retarded i'd like to commend you on your social skills because i'm surrounded by people who are "normal" and can't put together a complete thought :'(

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Not saying the economy doesn't need to be changed. I think everybody out there can agree on that.

However wasting more time forming commities to study why it's bad, who to blame, and what could have been done differently is a waste of time. Like Obama or not, at least the man is trying to do something, not just sitting back and letting things get worse. An audit will do nothing but waste more taxpayer dollars.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Honestly I beleive the only way to get this country back to what it was founded to be we need to burn Washington, arrest every known politician and start back from scratch.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Not saying the economy doesn't need to be changed. I think everybody out there can agree on that.

However wasting more time forming commities to study why it's bad, who to blame, and what could have been done differently is a waste of time. Like Obama or not, at least the man is trying to do something, not just sitting back and letting things get worse. An audit will do nothing but waste more taxpayer dollars.
Yes, at least he is trying to do something, but his idea of fixing the economy is like trying to fix a leaky boat with an auger.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

not completely true, if they continue unchecked then there is nothing to say they should be stopped, but if they can't answer any questions posed to them about why they are ruining the economy then that woulds be a great start at getting rid of the Fed, less gov't=more freedom.

And it really depends on how you look at the whole 'at least Obama is doing something' statement, again yesterday the Dems passed something without a single Rep vote, the reason we have three branches of government including the House and Senate is to check and balance each other, but when the president can just put anything out there and the house and senate can pass it without even really voting on it(essentially what happens when there is not possibility of oppostion) we're in for trouble

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, at least he is trying to do something, but his idea of fixing the economy is like trying to fix a leaky boat with an auger.
Ron Paul stated it much better, something to the effect of...you think you're throwing water on the fire, but i think you're throwing kerosene on it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Do YOU actually trust politicians? I know I don't, and this country was never meant to be run by them, or any form of government for that matter, it was meant to be run by the people how they see fit, what we have now is a sick perversion of what it was meant to be.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you're saying in a few years, we all need to vote Republican? :p
i didn't vote republican :p

people need to vote based on what they know, not what the TV tells them, reading about people's voting records and things like that can really help when they have to make decisions that will effect their lives, or you can just vote for someone because its not another old white guy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts