Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered this suit from motorcyclegear.com last week and it arrived yesterday. I tried it on and it's just too small for me (I guess I'm just older and fatter than I care to admit). It's too short for me between the crotch and the shoulders and the waist is a little too small (or my belly is too big!).

Anyhow, I thought I'd offer it to anyone here for $15 less than what I paid for it (I'd have to pay that anyway to ship it back) before I return it. They're selling them for $349 so I'll sell this one for $334. That's a $15 savings and you can have it this weekend, no waiting for shipping from Texas.

It's a US size 48 and their size chart lists the appropriate measurements. I'm tall and somewhat thin for my height so these charts never work for me. It's always a trial and error process.

It's the blue and black 1-pc Monza suit they're having a close-out on here:
AGV Sport Monza One Piece Suit

Here's an excellent video review by Revzilla:

The photo on their page has apparently been photoshopped as the actual color blue on the leathers is nowhere near as intense. It's actually a darker, more muted blue as you'd expect on leather.

I've already ordered 1 ea. in size 50 and 52 to see which one fits me best, and I'll either sell or return whichever one doesn't, so if one of those sizes would fit you better, stay tuned.

Local pick-up in SGV only, unless you want to cover shipping.

Gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are your measurements, thx.
Darin, I also replied to your PM with the same info.

You miss the point - my measurements are why the suit doesn't fit and why I'm selling it.

Check the fitting chart halfway down the page under "Sizing Information". Be sure to heed the part where they tell you to get a suit one size larger than normal according to the chart.

motorcyclegear.com's AGV Monza page:
AGV Sport Monza One Piece Suit

If it's of any use, my measurements are as follows:

Chest = 44
Waist = 42
Sleeve = 26.5
Inseam = 34

The biggest problem was the length of the suit from the crotch to the shoulders. I have kind of a long torso. I'll probably have to compromise on a suit with a baggy chest to get one long enough to fit me properly there. I suppose I could wear a back protector to take up some of the excess room.

Like I said originally, it's always kind of trial and error finding things that fit me.

Btw, nice choice in bikes. Same as mine - Blue 2006 S.

Are you local to the L.A./SGV area?

Gary

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah, love the bike. I'm 6', 220lbs on a good day, my vanson jacket is a size 48, and I wear size 38 pants, so the million ?❓is, in your opinion, do you think it will be a fit? Mind you, I'd rather have a little snug than baggy. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just under 6'2" and generally weigh in at 205. I would have to say that I don't think it would fit you in the waist and unless you're quite short in the torso for your height it would be uncomfortably tight there also. Sorry. Since it would have to be shipped anyhow, why not order one from motorcyclegear.com before they run out. I would venture a guess that you'd take a size 52. What's your chest and waist measurements?

Gary

·
Registered
640 Posts
By their chart a 48 would be 46-47 chest and a 39-40 waist, I don't want to go too baggy.

·
Registered
640 Posts
No worries, I just wanted to see the blue parts, to see how much darker they were than the "photoshopped" pics. I like the design as far as it being mostly black with blue accents. As far as the fit, I'm willing to take the chance, I think it's close enough, maybe even compel me to loose a little weight, and worst case scenario ill just sell it, no biggie.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Taking in account your advice, watching the video on the suit, I still think I'd like to pull the trigger on this. I know I can get it on that website, but I'll still save a few bucks on shipping. How much do you think it'll cost for shipping? Thx

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, gone and busy all day. I sent you a reply via PM.

Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts