Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Power Commander makes aTRE for the CBR1000RR and 600RR. This is whats written on there website about it.

"Installing this unit will make your bike run leaner at 100% throttle from 9500rpm to redline. Go into your Powercommander map and add a value of 9 to the existing value of each cell from 9500-13500 in the 100% column. (i.e. - if at 10000rpm at 100% your map currently has a value of 2 make this cell a 11 when using the IRC) "

http://www.powercommander.com/power...owercommander_ignition_retard_controller.aspx

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can't really say just yet but the best thing to do just to be safe is to have a custom map done once installed. I'm not sure on prices elsewhere but $250 for a custom map is aheck of alot cheaper than engine repair.
:D

·
Registered
881 Posts
as far as I know. a TRE will mess up the power commander. and possibly cause damage to the bike it. self so I would be weary to try one if you have a power commander. also why would you need a TRE if you are running a power commander.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As explained to me...a TRE adjusts only your timing while a PC adjusts your fuel curve.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The way I understand the fuel injection setup on a bike is kinda like old fuel injection for cars. The computer only supplied a set amount of fuel for a specific RPM. Which from what I have observed in a tune session without getting nosey yet, they only adjust the fuel points up or down to (again) achieve a precise A/F ratio at set RPM's along the range.
Now days there are so many more sensors invloved on cars and trucks that measure everything from temp and humidity down to what comes out the other end that I am sure that given another ten years and I will be able to buy a programmer like what you can get for your car/truck that can adjust everthing for each form of input into the computers calculations to give that precise boom.

*Edit* I think I just fried my own brain....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts