Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know I’m new here. I have tons of reading to do. I like the full fairing look what fits and what is easy. One last thing for now what parts off the SV650 fit the SV1000. Just if any wants to know I have a 2003 1000.
Thanks for all of the help. I hope the bring some new stuff to the forum. I like the different look where people ask (Hay what bike is that).

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A fair amount of cosmetic stuff swaps over (seats, etc) but not everything. Some of the mechanical/electrical bits do as well, but you really have to check item by item.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Go to www.ronayers.com and look up the parts fiche. You can then load 650 vs the 1000 fiche in two browser sessions and compare the parts to see which will cross with your bike and which will not.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
when you click on the part number in Ron Ayers or cheapcycleparts (found they have more complete fiche data and ship to apo) both will tell you the bikes they fit. For example, the S front reservoir bracket is for the 650, 1k, and something like 01-03 GSX-R 1k.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Assuming you have an N model, you will need to do a conversion to the S to go fully faired.

Several options, OE Suzuki fairing, Sharkskins, etc. You will want to use the search feature and just type in "fairing" and you will get the most popular of brands in response.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’M trying to go crazy with this build. Thanks for the help.
So a 20003 SV1000 Is a k1 right. How does this work?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE LIST.
Here is a list of what I need.
1. Sub frame
2. Gas tank and pump
3. Radiator with hose’s
4. oil cooler
5. Air box with senor’s
6. Speedo
7. Front calibers
8. Faring tell me what you got

·
Registered
85 Posts
THE LIST.
Here is a list of what I need.
1. Sub frame
2. Gas tank and pump
3. Radiator with hose’s
4. oil cooler
5. Air box with senor’s
6. Speedo
7. Front calibers
8. Faring tell me what you got
Ok, I'm no expert, but I know the radiator mounting points are different between the 650 and the 1000, but with a little work, all things are possible. The speedo pickup is different if what I've read is correct, so the speedo is out.

1000 lower fairings don't fit on a 650. I've seen probably 3 or 4 sets up for sale from folks that have bought cheap 1000 lowers, only to find out that they won't fit. Of course I would encourage you to buy a set, and learn this on your own, and then sell them to me at a huge discount. :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Ok, I'm no expert, but I know the radiator mounting points are different between the 650 and the 1000, but with a little work, all things are possible. The speedo pickup is different if what I've read is correct, so the speedo is out.

1000 lower fairings don't fit on a 650. I've seen probably 3 or 4 sets up for sale from folks that have bought cheap 1000 lowers, only to find out that they won't fit. Of course I would encourage you to buy a set, and learn this on your own, and then sell them to me at a huge discount. :)
he has a 1000 so i don't think that discount will come around

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts