Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, post 'em up here. Your best pics. No "My SV in the driveway with the dumpster and the neighbor's beat up '67 Dodge in the background" photos. Hit us with your best shots. Here are a few of mine:

Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is my bike before the SVS conversion.

Does this count count for the thread?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
im at work and bored.. these are some of the more visually interesting pics i have uploaded on my website... :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
We do have a good portion of excellent photographers here. I missed the last calendar picture submition. As for my camera, it is a crappy old sony 2.1 mega pixel. To be honest it does not do a good job at all in my opinion of capturing the colors well. I did tweak these in photoshop a hair by increasing the contrast about 5% which helped the leaves pop out. Here is another from Bear Mtn and Mtn Creek Ski center in NJ on Jan 1.

Glad you all like them. For the moment I also have all my pictures from rides here:
http://gallery.adamdriven.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album31

·
Registered
7 Posts
a couple of my killboy shots that I went all artsy-fartsy on ...

trying for the ad-copy look with my red 01...

same shot done ...

with the heads up display from the aircraft I fly.

artsy track shots ok? ...

very well then ... there's another ... my blue 01.

ok ... ok ... and a nice scenic ... of my yellow 02.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
For the relatively Photoshop-illiterate......how do you create the black & white background while maintaining color in the foreground?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For Photoshop 7,

Open your image. Click Image > Adjustments > Desaturate to make the whole picture black and white.

Use the Magnetic or Polygonal Lasso tool to select the areas of the picture that you want to be in color, and use the History Brucsh Tool to re-color only those areas, one area at a time. You can apply a gradient mask if you want the color to fade or blend in certain areas of the picture.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
VolksDragon - Thanks. This helped.

I'm currently using Photoshop Elements and have a copy of Fireworks.

Your description got me thinking and you can accomplish the same thing by creating a duplicate layer, removing the color (however the program defines that) and then erasing the foreground layer in the areas you want to expose the color. Or vice-versa....whatever. Not something that's a couple clicks and boom you're done, but simple enough with some patience.

Thanks. Got me where I wanted to be.

·
Registered
102 Posts

This one wasn't intentionally artistic, it just turned out that way. I was just trying to fight a parking ticket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I have a nice little spot to toss photos. I would really love to include these in the set. Maybe somehow link it from the Svrider site, since to be honest, the photo program here sucks! Take a look:

http://www.adamdaley.com/gallery/maxs_gallery

I would love for everyone to email me there high res photos to [email protected]

I could take them from here, but this interface allows the photos to be big, but viewed small. Click once to see a normal size image, click on it again to super size it to print.

Max

1 - 20 of 293 Posts