Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I'm An episode of Army Wives. One of the wives is given a bike by one of the soldiers who lost his legs in combat. He found out that she use to ride when she was younger. Anyway it looks a lot like an SV650S. Can anyone cofirm?

·
Registered
551 Posts
i saw it in some commercial for the show, lol

i was like WTF WAS THAT AN SV?? so i waited around and kept watching the channel until i saw another commercial for it.

weird thing was that when you first see it (for like maybe 2sec, probably less), it looked like a first gen, but then she rides off and from the rear you can see the two straight vertical LED lines (second gen)... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Sorry dude, I don't think you'll find a lot of people that watch Lifetime on a motorcycle website.
I watch Top Chef and Project Runway on Bravo?? We ride motorcycles that doesn't mean we don't have culture or enjoy the finer things in life.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I watch Top Chef and Project Runway on Bravo?? We ride motorcycles that doesn't mean we don't have culture or enjoy the finer things in life.
We (some... okay, one, anyway) also wear purple pants and are in touch with our feminine side.

Ahem! Top Chef and Project Runway qualify as culture and the finer things in life? :rolleyes:

j/k -- I actually like Top Chef. Project Runway, not so much....

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I saw that commercial also....as I was flipping.....looked like a SV but I was danged if I was going to watch the show to find out! ;D

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
So my wife is watching army wives on netflix. I woke up with a sinus headache and was watching an episode with her. I saw this SV and thought it was pretty cool until it made an I4 revving sound.

It is clearly an SV. SV headlights, windscreen, has the lower fairing, and has the SV frame. You only hear the engine when the woman is sitting on the bike in a parking lot revving the engine.

But, it sounds like a gsx-r 600. :lmao: I wonder how many "Army Wives" viewers even know the difference between a v-twin and an i4.. I'm guessing not many.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Projest runway was the sole reason I got a bike.,.. to have a really good excuse to get out of the house whenever the GF decides to watch it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Oh no! SPOILER ALERT

The episode I saw was where she was given the motorcycle. I didn't know if she would actually ride it. But I guess the answer is yes. :(

In the episode I saw they just pan half the bike once and she revs the engine in a parking garage.

I had to stop and zoom to ensure it was indeed an SV. But, that clip uses the same motorcycle engine tone.. :)

[edit] Is that what a stock SV sounds like? LOL. I will trip out if it is. I can honestly say I've never heard a stock one. If it is, no wonder hearing the stock mufflers are so rare.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts