Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who carry while riding, what style holster have you found works the best?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I sometimes carry groceries.
It works best to tie 2 groceries bags together at the middle and hang it over the seat or tank.
carrying it from the handlebars is a bad idea because of the swinging while braking and accelerating

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a shoulder holster for when I ride. I then go to an IWB holster when I get off the bike, since the jacket comes off at that point. The shoulder holster is attached to my jacket. Works pretty well, doesn't get in my way at all.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Can I make an honest suggestion before this thread loses it's shat and gets locked? Try searching a few Harley forums. I know it's a stereotype, but a LOT of HD riders carry. An they're more than happy to tell you about what holsters do or don't work well on a bike. Concealed carry threads on HD forums seldom turn into a debate about whether or not you should carry. Those are some of the few threads that stay on topic.

Svr is not known for tolerating the testosterone fueled mess that a concealed carry thread generally becomes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the sugestion fatty. I guess before this thread gets out of hand , mods go ahead and shut er down

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
BTC, between the cheeks?

Tank bag, shoulder holster or inside jacket pocket work best but on body carry would hurt in case of a getoff. I dont usually take mine on the bike.

·
Registered
126 Posts
usually carry it inside my jacket pocket when riding then back in my regular belt holster on.ce i get off the bike

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I use a velcro backed holster out of an Eagle briefcase I purchased years ago. It was the "in" thing when I just started my current job ;D. I attached some fuzzy material inside the pockets of my jacket/Roadcrafter and carry it that way.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
For those of you who carry while riding, what style holster have you found works the best?
Vanson has a gun pocket option for their jackets

·
Registered
905 Posts
If you had a faired SV, you could probably store it in the upper fairing. Maybe drill a hole to line up the barrel, and have a solenoid that can depress the trigger! Link it to the flash-to-pass button.
Drive-bys in the SV, aww yea gurl.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Tank bag would be my choice

·
Registered
173 Posts
The only problem with all the fanny/chest/etc carry packs I have seen is that every cop and criminal can immediately identify it as a pack for carrying your weapon. They're more advertisement than concealment.

Just sayin'. ;D
I've never had anyone "out" me wearing that pack. Fanny packs might be a giveaway, but nobody guesses this one, not even cops.

When I wear it over a black jacket, it blends in very well. I also wear the holster lower than this dude has his.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We have that 5.11 Select Carry pack as a diaper bag (no joke). My wife loves it because she can tote all the baby crap for our twin 19mo old boys, all her gear + her CCW. She lovingly refers to it as her Tactical Diaper Bag. It is pretty comfortable if a bit warm on hotter days, but works great on the bike (no, we don't bring the boys on the bike ;))

1 - 20 of 33 Posts