Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to ride up to Prescott, have lunch, then back down Saturday AM. I'll probably leave Tempe around 8. I checked the weather, it will be clear, but IT WILL BE COLD.

Anybody up for the ride? ;D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mizatt said:
I'm planning to ride up to Prescott, have lunch, then back down Saturday AM. I'll probably leave Tempe around 8. I checked the weather, it will be clear, but IT WILL BE COLD.

Anybody up for the ride? ;D
I've got a favor to ask of you -- I don't know where you're planning on eating, but if you go to Murphy's, it would be awesome if you could look for the floor manager -- a guy who looks like in his late 30's/early 40's who's pretty thick around the middle, and his nametag should say "Mike." Tell him Evan says hi, then just walk away. He's my uncle, and that ought confuse the hell out of him. If not, enjoy the ride anyway. That's a nice stretch of road heading up there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mizzat-

Virlog is heading here to Tucson in the morning, and a few of my buddies and I are going to head out to Tombstone with him to check out the bike show if you would rather head sout (warmer) than north in the morning.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's the road down that way? Twisty at all? I've never been down there any other way but on the 10, which is incredibly straight and boring. What's the deal with the bike show?

·
Registered
117 Posts
well if you come out through oracle there are some fun roads i have been told through the reservation. The road out to Benson is picture perfect some highspeed sweepers, and some long straights. I am still getting used to the bike so i may hang back in some areas. the high in Tucson for Saturday is 77, and the high for Tombstone is 71. should be a nice day ride at the least (though you would be adding 200 miles).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey, Mizzat!

Yeah, I'm headed down around 6:30AM from Chandler tomorrow morning. Should get into Tucson around 8.

If you want to go let me know via PM and I'll PM or email you my cell number.

Heck, what I'll do is PM you my number. If you want to call me, I'll be back home around 10PM after work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's a few options for you:

• SoMo, Baseline and Central:  I'm sure you've seen the blinking TV towers at night, you can't miss them.  It's close to almost everyone in the valley so it's nice and convenient
  • Tortilla Flats:  Apache Trail (Hwy 88).  East side of Phoenix from Hwy 60.
  • Around the world:  Superior-Winkelman-Globe Loop (at least I think it's called Around The World).  Check out this link for a map and more info on the ride  http://tinyurl.com/9gcmu

I usually post rides I'm going on in the  South West Region section of this site.  I usually ride in the morning though as that works best for me time wise.  I don't bite so your more then welcome to come along if morning rides work for you as well. 

·
Registered
296 Posts
I guess cause I hadnt had alot of luck in that area, I dont check it often. Do you ride in the mornings on the weekends only? Scott comes in next weekend, so maybe we will be able to go or me at least, but since he will be leaving for Iraq soon, I don't think I will be getting out of his sight. I will get to one day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Count me in on Saturday, wherever you guys are goin! Keep posting and Matt try to work out a meeting time and place.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay guys! My ride on Saturday was great, 320 miles of nice roads and nice weather! It was pretty cold, but as long as you're in leathers, you'll be okay. Lets try this again next weekend.

Here's the plan: meet in outskirts of town, take 17N to 74 (avoids the evil we call Sun City) to 60, into Wickenburg, then north on 93 to Yarnell Hill! After Yarnell out thru the country up into the Prescott twisties (my favorite), and stop in Prescott for lunch. After lunch, there's a couple ways we can go, either up the 89 and 89A into Jerome, then back down the 17, or go back down the way we came and out home on the dreaded (and insanely fun) Vulture Mine Road!

As long as it doesn't rain, I'm going for sure. PM me and let me know if you'd like to come!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts