Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ride is still in the drafting stage but want to check interest in doing a group ride in southern california on hwy 243 and hwy 74 during, possibly, memorial day weekend. Basically the arizona riders would travel out to Idylwild and stay there for 1-2 nights, and using Mountain Center as the central point, do laps to the west and east on 74 and north on 243.

Anyone that has ridden these roads knows that there is a alot of variety, excellent scenery, and major fun on these sections. Depending on interest and time we could even run down to Mt. Palomar for a few hours.

Any and all California riders are welcome to join the group. Just let us know if you want to spend the night in the mountains. No date has been decided yet but a 3 day weekend would be best, so memorial day is the tentative date.

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated and post up if interested.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Enticing!
I couldnt make it for your last run, but hopefully this time around I'll be able to.
At least for one day.

·
Registered
461 Posts
would love too, not sure where i'll be in may though. i graduate the 16th and i'm hoping to have a job lined up already... so i may not even reside in the state of AZ anymore by then...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would love too, not sure where i'll be in may though. i graduate the 16th and i'm hoping to have a job lined up already... so i may not even reside in the state of AZ anymore by then...
That means you are required to go on the 191 ride.;D

The date is not set in stone, and since Justin and me are the only arizona riders going so far, we may just pick a free weekend and head over there and try to meet up with the cali riders.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i'd like to make this trip, not sure if i can do cal and 191 both, but i'll go with cal if i can only do one. been on 191 twice.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI for Larry and the California riders, looks like the ride will either be the 2nd weekend in May (9th-10th), to reduce the traffic problem, or Memorial Day weekend.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
May 9th-10th should be fine for me. I just need to have my bike ready for the streets by the end of April.

I plan on doing both 191/ALPINE and 74/IDELWILD.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i can't do the 9th/10th, have finals and thats when i start drinking again! Woohoo!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm out for this ride, too much crap going on in May with the SV Rally haunting me the first week in June. I'm sure I'll have way too much last minute crap to do to the bike. I need to get out there for a ride at some point though, also need to do a trackday out there

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i'm going to have to say maybe for now. might have some more unexpected dental bills, don't know yet how it's going to work out.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
1 - 20 of 228 Posts