1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
can't really tell you if those are good or bad...but I can tell you that these are some of the best out there:
http://www.motosliders.com/

they are made by a guy that is a member of this message board (a very cool guy, btw...and very helpful if you have any problems with them). many many many of us here on this message board use them and can attest to them. I have crash tested them, and am very pleased!!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
gahdzila said:
can't really tell you if those are good or bad...but I can tell you that these are some of the best out there:
http://www.motosliders.com/

they are made by a guy that is a member of this message board (a very cool guy, btw...and very helpful if you have any problems with them). many many many of us here on this message board use them and can attest to them. I have crash tested them, and am very pleased!!!!
If they're not motosliders, they're crap! ;D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i have the suzuki OEM ones....not sure if they are good or not...and nor do i ever wish to find that out...

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
danthony12321 said:
If they're not motosliders, they're crap!  ;D
haha- now ya gotta say that with the Mike Myers scottish accent.
"If its not scottish, ITS CRAP!!"

seriously- motosliders rock. where else could you buy 1 side replacements if you drop it and really damage your 1 side?
Nates motosliders, thats who.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I have motosliders, am very happy with them.... crash tested and my radiator and engine were untouched.... slider had a few scratches and solid as a rock. It did take time for me to receive them, but am happy with them.

Also, if you have a problem with installing or anything else, you get to speak with THE person. I don't think there's anyone here that has his sliders that has had them snap.

Good product.

Edit: if your legs get cramped from riding, you can hook them over your sliders for stretching...lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
blacktape said:
i have the suzuki OEM ones....not sure if they are good or not...and nor do i ever wish to find that out...

if I were you I would sell them and get new ones I droped my baby with the suz oem's and it wasent pretty it broke off and i took hits on the entire left side of my bike. If suzuki is going to really recall my tank I am one happy camper cuz its expencive ...

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Extended sliders DO work, when allowances are made for the increased leverage. Notice that sliders in the same style as mine are on a single bolt, which is 12mm dia, compared to the 10mm mounting bolts that the shoguns are on. This means 40% more material (Do the math on the area of the 2 bolts) I believe shogun uses Delrin, much harder than the material that I and some other companies use. (UHMW Polyethylene) Delrin can crack when wall thicknesses aren't proper. (note the OEM slider comment. They are Delrin)

The reasons that superbikes and such use short sliders are different than just effectiveness. Aerodynamics probably pays a tiny part, looks, NOT catching on other bikes, and they aren't trying to save cosmetics at all, just function of the most important parts. Also, with GP and SB lean angles, and curb/other rider proximity, clearance can be an issue in some instances.

You'll notice that most non-factory teams (Look at Jordan Motorsports, Kevin Hanson's team, etc) use off the shelf sliders with few problems.

Anyway, for $8 more, you get a lot stronger slider mount, and with the package deal you do even better for the SV, and a company that sells replacment sliders.

Getting quite the following here! :D

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
sv650nate said:
Getting quite the following here! :D
You're a lucky man- we do your advertising for you! You should start sending motoslider stickers w/your orders.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Grikl said:
if I were you I would sell them and get new ones I droped my baby with the suz oem's and it wasent pretty it broke off and i took hits on the entire left side of my bike. If suzuki is going to really recall my tank I am one happy camper cuz its expencive ...
:'(

·
Registered
571 Posts
i'm going to have to go against the grain a little on this one. i had shogun sliders on my '03 naked when i unintentionally decided to toss my bike down the road while slaying the dragon in '04. they saved my bike from a ton of damage. it was all cosmetic stuff when i looked at it afterwards.

but i will say that i am modding my '05 this winter and have already installed a set of motosliders on it. while i am confident that these will do the trick if i happen to feel the need to test them out, i would be fine in suggesting the shogun sliders if that is what you want. they worked for me when i needed them to.

sometimes it seems like people on here are too quick to damn anything that isn't provided by a supporter of the site. that somehow their products are superior. motosliders could very well be the best thing since sliced bread, but it is ok to suggest other sliders. ;) if not then i think we should all decide on a single brand of anything we can put on our bikes and they will be the only things we reccommend to new people that happen to ask a question. perhaps we will only reccommend JMV belly pans or competition werks fender eliminators.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts