Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any fender eliminators that are DOT approved? If not does anyone know how to make one that will pass as dot approved? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, sounds like I should be fine provided the lights work correctly and the plate is visible. Any suggestions on a kit to go with?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
My bike is registered in Florida = no inspection, no insurance needed, no helmet needed, you can smoke inside a bar, you can drink outside. Even though I have full coverage and wear my helmet.

Gotta love the south of the south.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had a FE on mine when I bought it. But it still looked bad to me. So I removed everything and made my own brackets for the blinkers. They're just little 'L' brackets that mount where the fender does and the come out at the edge of the undertail. The plate was mounted under the tail, in front of the tire, but high enough to remain visible. Had to fab up a bracket for that too.

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
Thanks for the two pictures of approved mounts. Rizomas and OEM blinkers say DOT right on them, most others don't. Just find a friendly inspector!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts