Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i'm in California and looking at an '02 SV650s that's in Nevada. it's only got 6800 miles on it, it's cherry and it's a really good deal. i know that if i get the bike up to 7500 miles on the odo, i'm golden as far as California registration. but someone on another board said that since it's an '02, i should be fine with registering it with or without the 7500 miles. i looked at the DMV website and couldn't figure out if that person was right or not.

of course, since this'll be my first SV, i was wondering if they're 50 state bikes. i just assumed they weren't, but i guess they could be. anyone know? i'll probably buy this bike anyway, but anyone got any answers?

cheers...

·
Registered
367 Posts
From everything I can tell, the 1st gen bikes were not 50 state. There was an E-33 model for California that included the PAIR system for helping emissions. That was not on the other states. I don't know California regs well enough to understand the significance of 7500 miles or if the age (2002) matters.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
you have to look at ther particular bike, California emmision spec bikes made their way to market in places other than California, even though to be sold in nevada it didn't have to be an E-33 model, doesn't mean that it wasn't, only way to tell is look at the emmission sticker on the frame if the original owner didn't de-sticker it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh no...
I'm moving from New Hampshire to California for work in October; there's no way I'm getting rid of my SV for an E-33 model because of their emissions laws...

Anyone know what's different between the models? I'm not seeing any "emissions" related items in the fiche (RonAyers.com)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Oh no...
I'm moving from New Hampshire to California for work in October; there's no way I'm getting rid of my SV for an E-33 model because of their emissions laws...

Anyone know what's different between the models? I'm not seeing any "emissions" related items in the fiche (RonAyers.com)
most notable differences are a charcoal canister and an extra hose from the fuel tank

fwiw, my 07 V-strom I bought in NH is a CA(E-33) model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts