Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
and the easy on the fly adjustablity.
How often do you actually use this? As an advantage compared to a more fiddly adjustment, I mean.

I saw the Pazzos at a fair and was (especially considering the price) not impressed with two things:
1. Very edgy shape - might be a problem or not, I don´t know. The just didn´t look comfortable to me.
2. Milling traces all over. This might be intentional to show the "technicality" but I really disliked it.

Ciao
Jan

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I got my Pazzo shorties for comfort, adjustability and crash worthiness.

Dunno about you people, but I am not ashamed of falling down. It happens.
That is why I got sliders, full leathers, boots and helmet, why not make my bike
more crashworthy?

The Motosliders and the bar ends take the hit and the latter cost 20 bucks to replace.

I thought the short clutch handle would bother me, I got used to it quickly and don't even notice it.

Would I do it again, yup. I would look for used first and then buy new if none found.

BTW, +6 for Motomummy.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
How often do you actually use this? As an advantage compared to a more fiddly adjustment, I mean...
When racing or doing track days, quite a bit. On the street not as much, but I still do it once in a while, mostly to adapt to different thicknesses of gloves. My hands aren't very big or very strong, so getting the lever just right helps a lot. And I do like the shape of the Pazzos/CRGs much better than the stock ones.

Bottom line for me is that the functionality of them is easily worth the money.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
wow... well.. when i first started reading.. i was like.. yeah.. def not gonna get them.. as i have read more i have more and more considered coughing up the dough. especially since i thought that pain from gripping the just-a-little-too-far-out bars was unavoidable. thanks for your help. i REALLLLY appreciate it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here's some knock off from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250502619755&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

They use the same pic as the pazzo's. They look like exact copies. I asked the seller, they don't have any for 1st gens, just the years specified. Might be worth it for 99.00 both brake and clutch with free shipping.
Nice find - I wonder how the machining quality is. It's not hard to reverse-engineer a couple chunks of metal that are machined/bolted together.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If they fit the second gens they should fit the first gens. They use the same levers.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice find - I wonder how the machining quality is. It's not hard to reverse-engineer a couple chunks of metal that are machined/bolted together.
if you get some you should review it. cause i am wary of things located in Hong Kong... been ripped off before.
thanks
~chris

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I'd buy them if the stocks were broken...I wouldn't buy them for bling alone. I do really like them though and would consider them worth the money.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'll add n my two cents.....

Anything is worth what people are willing to pay for it. In my opinion, there is no in between with levers...stock and Egay are bottom of the barrel crap....and Pazzo, CGR, and ASV, are all nice aftermarket units.

I'll agree with Rich...the ability to adjust on the fly, has value...especially when riding hard or doing track days.

I'll also throw out there is a drastic difference in cost to manufacture..between stock and egay crappy units...which are usually molded pop aluminim alloys, and the nicer after market units are CNC'd and made from a good grade aluminum billet. Higher cost materials and higher cost manufacturing processes is no doubt going to translate into a higher cost product.

Breakable or not...I think its easy to see that a stock or Egay lever will break much easier than a nice aftermarket one..simple material science.

You can also shop around on the cost. Both sets I have bought..got for $30-40 below MSRP. Food for thought.

I personally like Pazzo's for two finger braking control, higher quality unit, and adjustablity.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I broke the end off the OEM lever on mine and took the opportunity to install Pazzo levers on both the clutch and the brake. I love them! They have a high quality machined finish that looks great, they are easy to adjust for reach, and they give a much better feel than the stock levers.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Do most people go for the regular long clutch or shorty lever?
I went with the long levers because you can always use 2 fingers on a long lever but it is more difficult to use 4 fingers on a short lever.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Short....look better, besides I like to shift with 2 fingers only.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts