Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a second gen wheel will fit on a first gen? I'm specifically interested in the front wheel.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Zoran is Twin Works Factory, not sv-racing-parts. 2 completely seperate entities.
I was under the impression that neither outfit made spacers for running 1G wheels on 2G and vice-versa.
I think someone is confused regarding the availability of F3 wheel spacers from the aforementioned businesses.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Zoran is Twin Works Factory, not sv-racing-parts. 2 completely seperate entities.
I was under the impression that neither outfit made spacers for running 1G wheels on 2G and vice-versa.
I think someone is confused regarding the availability of F3 wheel spacers from the aforementioned businesses.
I know TWF makes conversions for rear and for 1st gen front on 2nd gen forks. not sure about other way around for front.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In order to put 2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen SV you will need to change the bearings and the spacer that goes in between them. I did this with a 2nd Gen wheel for my 1st Gen SV race bike last year (I put my 1st Gen brake discs on it too).

·
Registered
799 Posts
In order to put 2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen SV you will need to change the bearings and the spacer that goes in between them. I did this with a 2nd Gen wheel for my 1st Gen SV race bike last year (I put my 1st Gen brake discs on it too).
on front wheel?
hub is different width, how you change bearings only and make it fit?
and why change bearings when both use same size axle?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I thought there might be an easily way to do it, I'll just keep on the lookout for a Gen 1 wheel. My current wheel still tracks straight but is a bit on the bent side and just worried that it will fail tech at track days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts