Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Corsair RX7 RR4 in Aluminum Silver to match the SV. I have not looked through their mirrored visors before and have a question to those that have one.

Are they a light smoke tint or no tint or...??

Does the mirrored finish scratch easy?

I take impeccable care of my helmets and visors but after years of buying safety glasses for my crews, sometimes the mirrored variety, I have experienced very easy scratching of these mirrored type surfaces and wondered if that could be an issue with these expensive, $70-$90 dollar visors.

I'm thinking it would look pretty bad-ass to have a silver one on my Aluminum Silver Arai on my Sonic Silver SV but would like to know what to expect prior to purchase.

TIA

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I am not a mirrored shield fan. Tint, isn't dark enough and they scratch by just looking at them wrong. Plus, looking out them, you can see yourself as they cause a reflection back to you. That's what feaked me out the most.

Just get a dark smoke and call it a day. Cheaper and more effective.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Don't know about Arai specifically, but my dealer steered me away from mirrored. Everybody loves them at first, but ends up hating them.

You'd be buying it for looks, right? Well, in a very short time, it will look like junk.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
A friend of mine was riding behind a car that used it's windshield wiper spray, and it sprayed back onto him and his mirrored visor. He went to wipe it off, and whatever was in the washer fluid ruined the mirror finish - AAAARGH! So now it's blotchy and smeary :(

I still think they look good, just don't expect it to stay that way forever. I'm surprised they can't make it more durable, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have 4 different visors on my RX7's. I've got 2 silver mirrored, 1 gold mirrored, a dark smoke and a light smoke. Like you i am very careful with my helmets. I have had no issues with the mirrored ones. I think they are between the light and dark tint, closer to a dark tint. There seems at times that there is a little less glair on the mirrored ones as well.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I'll forego the mirror. It sounds as if nothing has changed with durability on these. Not looking so much for tint, either. I was hoping it was light. I think I'll stick to the clear visor and my trusty straight templed, head squeezin', Navy issue aviator's for for tint.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts