Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped into the local dealership today, and the rep walked me right to this:

I sat on it for a little while & looked it over. Nice. :thumbsup:

I'm not the biggest fan of Super Motards, but there's something about an Italian SM... :D

One question, if anyone knows. Are the forks on this model Ohlins? I know on the Tuono and the RSV 1000R the forks are Ohlins... but no idea on the Motard.

Very nice bike... and I still like the Shiver, as evidenced by the drool I left on the beautiful silver one they had. ;D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Personally, there's something about the Aprilia exhausts that really irks me. That triangular look just doesn't sit well with me. /shrug.

That bike IS pretty hot tho.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
They can call it whatever they want but it isn't a motard. It's motard styled streetbike.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Don't care what it is or called. I'm just glad Mossites didn't have any in stock today, I just got my tax refund and I might had been really stupid if there was one there. I really like the looks of that bike.

Does anyone know if the Dorso has the same ECU/electrical issues as the Shivers?

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is an awesome looking bike! I love the styling.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Don't care what it is or called. I'm just glad Mossites didn't have any in stock today, I just got my tax refund and I might had been really stupid if there was one there.
Dang, just your refund could buy a bike? You need to change your witholding! :p

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
It's lovely isn't it. Like's been said it's by no means a supermoto- one of the UK mags said its nearest competitor is the Honda Hornet (599) which seems about right to me. It's the same engine as is in the Shiver, though I heard with a bit of a retune- I got a chance to ride the shiver and it just didn't quite work, it felt like it was made of bits from 3 different bikes all doing different things, but it's a really nice motor and if this one's learned from the mistakes of the shiver it should be fantastic.

Apparently there's still a sport-tourer with the engine on its way, to compete directly with the F800, and possibly a sort of RSV800.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
They can call it whatever they want but it isn't a motard. It's motard styled streetbike.
You mean it is a quasi-mot-ard? I couldn't resist being a cunning linguist.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Um, like 445 I think wet.

EDIT: reported dry weight is 410.

·
Registered
214 Posts
One question, if anyone knows. Are the forks on this model Ohlins? I know on the Tuono and the RSV 1000R the forks are Ohlins... but no idea on the Motard.
Generally when they give you top shelf suspension products, they tell you about it.

Actually the non "Factory" Tuono has Showa forks, and they even mention that on the website. So... since they don't give any brand for the Dorsoduro's forks... um. Good question.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Marzocchi? something about the brake mount area, say M to me. Very cool looking bike ,what displacement ,i'm i missing that,or isn't it mentioned

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
me likes yes!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts