Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is considering getting a bike, and even though he's 6'2"/200lbs+, he wants a 250, or no more than 500, which I said was a great decision.

I was walking with him bike back to his apartment after visiting the bike shop, and we ran into one of his buddies that I don't know. He ended up telling his friend he was considering getting a bike, at which point this other guy said "You should get a Gixxer 750". My friend replies "oh, my roommate has a Gixxer600" (also my friend)...to which the other guy said "Yea, but those are b!tch bikes".

At this point, even though I didn't know the other guy, I had to ask "What makes it a b!tch bike? What do you know about bikes?"

The guy's reply was "My roommate has an R1". ::)

At this point, I'm basically like "wtf?", shaking my head, thinking, this idiot probably doesn't even know how to ride a scooter yet he knows what a b!tch bike is. It's one thing for people with liter bikes to think anything smaller is a "b!tch bike" (which is already dumb), but this guy just KNOWS a guy who rides. Retarded, IMO. And for some reason, an extra 150cc (EDIT: Being bored at work gives you bad math skills ;D) on a Gixxer750 vs. a 600 makes it a cool bike suddenly.

Anyways, I ended up saying rather bluntly, "yea, 600cc supersports are all faster than Ferraris but, you know, those are all b!tch bikes" to which he kind of just gave me a blank stare.

Ah hell, I'm just ranting about how stupid people can be. Especially with the "I know a guy who's friend's cousin's sister's friend's ex-roommate's dog sitter" had a bike, and suddenly they know everything about bikes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've tried posing the question "Oh? What do you ride?" to which I usually get some made up response about how they USED to ride blah blah blah.

Anyway, point is some people like to pretend. Others like to do. Like your friend, starting off right. Props to him.

oh...and 750-600=150 ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It should be illegal, but stupid people are still allowed to live in this country. :-\

·
Registered
150 Posts
ask em to race & smoke in 650 :)

I knew a guy who was a meathead & though his R1 was the shit & brag of all the mods he had. He used to ride with us & he used to be the SLOWEST. he then went to the 1/4 track & ran 12's all night :)

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
My 600s were no bitch bikes, and my 750 was insane.... I couldnt imagine a new rider hoping on a 750 or a 1k....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i had a kill tell me the other day he wanted a gsxr 750 because its "longer" than a 600 and he needs more length... then he told me his boss has a gsxr750 that goes 240mph.. then his boss highsides while doing 150mph at laguna seca, is ok and walks away. i asked him what kind of bike hes ridden before, he tells me he was a "passenger on a goldwing".... thats his experience, rofl

G

·
600's = 8itch bikes may not be too far off the mark. I see a lot of little punk-ass bitckes riding them. For example (and this crap happens a lot)...

A couple weeks ago I got asked to race by some fool on an F4i. In a parking lot. Between a movie theatre and a gas station. Right after me and a lot of other folks got out of the movie and were filling out the parking lot. When I respectfully declined I got called a chicken. By a bitck on a 600. ::) Hope I see him in the hills one day.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow, I see this kind of garbage all the time where I come from. Nice to know I'm not the only one that sees how stupid most sport bike riders / wannabees are.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Go lurk over at gsxr.com or gixxer.com, there are MANY debates on 600s being pussy bikes. Its hilarious. Especially when people pull kickers like "600s are fucking slow, hell even my 1000 is too slow for me" yeah buddy, classic.

G

·
evilbologna said:
Go lurk over at gsxr.com or gixxer.com, there are MANY debates on 600s being pussy bikes. Its hilarious. Especially when people pull kickers like "600s are f***ing slow, hell even my 1000 is too slow for me" yeah buddy, classic.
I've peeped them a few times - a lot of those guys are just plain insane. I know I'll never get on a 1000 anything unless the footpegs are in front of me.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Man i got a buddy who bought an F4I in pieces and was calling my 650 a bitch bike. We had a bet he wouldnt be riding by the fall GUESS WHO WON??? Oh yeah he asked to ride mine and I was like HELL NO!!!!! I wouldnt let some squid on a 600 ride my bike

·
Registered
536 Posts
From the linked thread on gsxr.com:

"You should ride one some day so you don't sound so much like <b>and </b>idiot!"

Irony surrenders.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
toddpnewton said:
I've peeped them a few times - a lot of those guys are just plain insane. I know I'll never get on a 1000 anything unless the footpegs are in front of me.
WIMP ---- ;D

1K's are the bomb :)
Of course I might be a little biased.

Woody

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Nudist said:
My 600s were no B**** bikes, and my 750 was insane.... I couldnt imagine a new rider hoping on a 750 or a 1k....

this country is full of stupid people!!! ;D I kid, I kid..................... kinda! ;D

Seriously I love it when people say stuff like that, I like to ask them if their wife is complaining about not having a house as big as their neighbors while I am out riding my b1tch bike! ;D Or maybe that's just cos I am a b1tch, who knows! ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts