Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
never had Apendicitis, but I have diverticulosis that sometimes manifests into diverticulitis, pain......... when is that shot of morphine getting here

happens everytime I eat popcorn, it took me a while to figure that out though

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
My Uncle had Apendicitis and didn't know it. Went to the ER with bad stomach pain, come to find out he was a couple hours from certain death! He spent several weeks in the hospital, lots of sergery, and lots of morphine. He said that he was feeling a little crappy over time, something like stomach cramps, and one day it hit him hard (when his apendix burst releasing toxins in his body)...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
If it is apendicitis and you die because you didn't go to the doctor, can I have your camera? ;D
duuuude... have you learned nothing from last time... are those GSXr750 lights keeping you warm at night?:)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
a sharp/stabbing pain on the lower right abdomen that is usually triggered by some kind of activity but can sometimes start on its own. if it is in that location, DO NOT **** AROUND, get your ass to the ER asap

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I thought I had it once, but it was a virus in my lymphnodes(sp?). If you put pressure on it and it makes it A LOT worse... go to urgent care or your dr. not necessary to go to the ER unless you're about to pass out

·
Registered
308 Posts
from what i hear, it comes on strong. like the worst stomach pain you have ever had. going to the doc might be the safest idea.

on the other hand, this is a golden opportunity to get some use out of your samurai sword

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
My brother had this as a kid. Basically, we figured something was wrong when he was lying on the floor in the fetal position, clutching his stomach and screaming in agony.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Back in Jan I woke up one morning with a strong, 7-8 out of 10 on the pain scale, almost constant pain on my right hand side just below my ribs. I thought I was just hungover and had some bad food in my drunkeness the night before. Or that I had fallen or been kicked/hit in the ribs. No bruising, pain never went away, couldn't move nor stay in once place or position for long. That day and the following night were possibly the worst day of my 30yrs here! I finally went to a doctor the next morning because I thought it was Apendicitis! Turns out my Gallbladder was F'd! Ended up having surgery the next day and because my white blood count was so jacked up I ended up staying the rest of the week when you normally leave the same day or next.

Moral of the story: Do not mess around with pain coming from anywhere inside your torso! Get that crap taken care of!

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
If it is apendicitis and you die because you didn't go to the doctor, can I have your camera? ;D
Rats, I could use a good camera. :( If you kick the bucket, can I have your motorcycle.....and your stands? ;D

When my Dad had it, he said that he could no longer stand up. He was bent over at the waist. Extreme pain in the lower right belly area. If your pain is moving around, it's not appendicitis.

Unless you have one of those fancy schmancy cordless appendix's, that all of the cool kids have. :p

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I'm guessing you're concerned you may have it? Go ahead and do some on-line reading and if you think you have a problem, see somebody. It's not something to mess with.

Rebound pain is a pretty common sign, meaning holding the area with some pressure feels OK, but the release of that pressure hurts like hell.

Kidney stones are also very painful and come on pretty suddenly.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Do you have health insurance?

If so, and it's that painful, get it looked at.

Everyone's pain threshold is different, what would drop one person to their knees isn't a big deal to someone else.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, so I went to the doctor.

I woke up this morning with REALLY bad stomach pains. Had a BM, but it didn't go away. I laid back down and went to bed.

Woke up this morning, still aching. On a scale from 1-10... probably about a 4 or 5.

Got to work, still hurting, on and off... asked a "mom" at work if I felt warm. She said I did. So I went to the doctor.

Poked, prodded, asked lots of questions, took my temp... everything was normal, besides being grossly overweight and having slightly high BP. Since my SIL and brother were sick with flu-like stomach problems, my doctor chalked it up to that. Obviously if it gets worse, come back.

Oh, and I think my doctor was this guy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.