Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a pair of Oxtar boots and was wondering if anyone has some or has heard anything of their quality and performance.

Thanks

Mack

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2002 Oxtar Evo Ti Boot, with TCS and MCS technology. Basically, it's the same (I think it's a little better) as the SIDI vertebra system. Same concept anyway. They fit really well, but are a little hard on the sole...but I think all boots are like that. I think I just need to break them in some more. They have titanium toe sliders, which is pretty cool I guess. They don't squeek when you walk, and they look pretty damn sweet in my opinion.

I got the black/silver colors, BTW

Q

K

·
0 Posts
I've had my Oxter EVO Ti's for about 8 months. Great boots and and very comfy. Make sure you put blue lock tight on the toe slider screws. They will vibrate out. Other than that great boots and quality is very good.

C

·
0 Posts
I have the EVO Ti boots. They take a while to break in, but after that they are great boots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently ordered and received a pair of the Oxtar TCS Evo Ti's and haven't had a chance to ride with them yet. That being said, I've been wearing them around my house and find them to be incredibly comfortable. As I have a wide foot, I was really pleased with the fit of the boot and the width of the front of the boot. Most boots I've owned were a little narrow, but not these. If the rest of their line of boots fits like this, I'll be getting more of them. I'm also very impressed with the overall quality of the boots. They are really a well made boot, look great and as I said, incredibly comfortable. I will update this in a few months after I've had a chance to wear them.

C

·
0 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the Ti EVO boots. Can't wait till I get them, I'll talk everone's suggestions into consideration like the blue locktight bit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How do your boots fit on the top of your foot around the ankle? I have just gotten a pair of Oxtar Matrix and they seem really loose and too big on the top of my foot around the ankle.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i ebayed a set of the previous-gen TCS model for like $80 ... they fit like a glove and are fairly comfortable for minor walking-around.

i wouldn't work all day in em, but for a dentist visit or running into the mall to pick something up real quick they're perfect

the hinges squeak a bit, but a quick blast of chain lube took care of that for me

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Love my TCS's. Got 'em on clearance at motorycyclesuperstore.com I think for ~$130 ish. Big improvement in protective qualities over my previous JR Revolution with a slight drop in comfort. Breathe very well for a non-perfed boot IMO, but still fine down to the 40's for this thin-blooded northerner. Definite thumbs up in construction quality.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I also got the TCS sport from motorcyclecloseouts. I wouldn't want to have to walk much, but they are comfortable enough. Great feeling on the bike. But this is my first bike and first pair of boots so I don't have anything to compare to except my hiking boots that I used for the BRC course.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I have the TCS sport boot and absolutely love it. I paid $119 from motorcyclecloseouts. The only complaint is that the sole doesn't have much cushioning but some gel inserts will solve that if it bothers you too much.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
They also last longer than the SIDI's ...

SIDI soles are pretty soft and wear out much quicker than the Oxtars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts