Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
almost look like the triumph speed four lights. which by seeing the pic of the speed triple on the page i'd guess they are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I linked the Ducati setup as Im considering these for a gsxr frontend.

They do look like Triumph lights, the bulbs themselves are cheapo but they can be swapped for H4s but that kicks total pice up to 160 or so.

Cheers,
Ed

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Yeah I was kidding a little - I do like them for the most part - I just don't the mass of extra wiring you have to conceal - It's little difficult with the "loom" that is supplied - The plan is to shorten all the wires when I have time or should I say "patience" to do it. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
you should see the bundle of wires that i now have behind the headlights i put on. this weekend a friend helped me put on some custom LED boxes to go with my veypor. needless to say, there is some clean up to do once i ride with it for a while to make sure it works.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jacques said:
Yeah I was kidding a little - I do like them for the most part - I just don't the mass of extra wiring you have to conceal - It's little difficult with the "loom" that is supplied - The plan is to shorten all the wires when I have time or should I say "patience" to do it. ;)
did you ever get it cleaned up? do they work well? im looking at the same one on ebay too? let me know. thanks

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Honestly, I haven't had much time to do anything with the bike except break it down for paint - I still haven't even done my front fork springs either - I'm such a loser because this is really the most important thing being a handling mod and not cosmetic. I'll probably fiddle with the lights when I pull the front apart and send the wheels off for powdercoat -  ;)Gotta have her all buttoned up and lookin perty for April AMA here in Bham of course. ;)

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
For me, it was a "buy it now" option at the time for $99 plus shipping - think it was about $120 total - they've become a little more popular hence the price increase I'm sure - Does it include new brackets? What's the link?

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Yep - that's the same kit for sure - Just depends how bad you want them. You could get the Buell kit at the dealer for like $65-$75 I think - A lot of people do that - a little fabrication involved though - These just bolt right up. I actually flipped my fork tube brackets (not the headlight brackets) over to lower the lights a bit - lowered the gauge cluster as well - looks a lot better!

·
Registered
177 Posts
ok cool, yeah i read about the buel ones however idont want to do any cutting , i want to be able to put my stock back on if i wanted to. this guy lives right by me but he wont email me back to let me know if he has a shop...id rather just go buy them i hate ebay and shipping!!! thanks for your help though and i might be p ming you for help to put it on later!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts