Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Universal KOSO GP-Style speedometer Type RX1N with white speedo face.

Dimensions 152x81x28mm. Has a very beatiful shape that compliments the lines of the scoot perfectly. The clearly designed instruments are easily to read even under hard acceleration. Here is a short list of the features:
  • Speed Unit reads km/h or MPH
  • Reading up to 360 km/h or 223 MPH
  • Odometer up to 99999,9 km or Miles
  • Two trip odometers up to 999,9 km or miles
  • Speed warning in the range from 30 to 180 km/h (20-110 MPH). Adjusting unit in 5 km/h or MPH
  • Memory of reached Top Speed (0-360 km/h or 0-223 MPH)
  • Rev Counter up to 15.000 U/min. Unit 100 U/min
  • Memory of highest revs
  • Temperature gauge in °C oder °F from 0-120°C or 32-248°F. Unit 0,1°C/F
  • Temperature gauge with bar chart from 20-120°C (68-248°F). Unit 10°
  • Digital Oil temperature reading from 0-120°C (32-248°F). Unit 0,1°C/F
  • Memory function of highest temperature
  • Fuel gauge with bar chart. 10 bars each 10 fuel level
  • Works with most common tank sensors. 100 Ohm or 510 Ohm
    Free setting of reserve warning between 10-50.
  • Clock
  • Acceleration Test 1, how long does it take to pass a given distance. Distance can be defined between 50-1000 m (1/32 - 20/32 Miles). Unit 50 m (1/32 Meile). Perfect to get used to sprint races
  • Acceleration Test 2, how long does it take to reach a selected speed. Speed selection is possible from 30-360 km/h (20-220 mph)
  • Top Speed Timer Testing, here you have info about your reached top speed, passed distance and max revs
How do you like it?

I am going to install it this weekend... Luis

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you mount yours?

I have to figure out how to mount it....

Luis

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
How did you find the wiring project? I'm still in the middle of a big bout of indecision about the future of my bike but I'm looking at a similiar Koso as a possible gauge set... I'm OK with wiring but I'm no electrician ;)

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wiring seems easy...

Match cluster color wires to the SV650 color wires...

Splice the SV wiring harnes... No need to cut wires.

Luis

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
How did you find the wiring project? I'm still in the middle of a big bout of indecision about the future of my bike but I'm looking at a similiar Koso as a possible gauge set... I'm OK with wiring but I'm no electrician ;)
You mean you got a problem with connecting the Koso speedo to the right wires? Think I can help you with that...

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Nah, I've not got one, just wondered how good the instructions for what wires do what is, etc. I fitted an older Koso to a mate's kit car a few years back and it was a godawful b*****d of a job, the instructions were all over the shop, very badly translated. But it sounds like they've upped their game a bit

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got a sweet deal on mine too... That is why I extra like it... ;D

$108.05 @ Cycle Gear... They have been awsome!!!

Luis

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got mine from Blair at SV racing parts. He gives a discount (don't remember the exact amount)

It's a sweet setup. the only thing I haven't gotten wired is the temp sensor and the fuel gauge.
I also ended up running the speedo sensor to my back wheel cause it fit nicer.

nille, what did you do for the temp sensor?

TIA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.