Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my right wrist about 2 years ago and every once in awhile it bugs me while riding. SO I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they used anything for it (some kind of wrap or somethin) ?

Someone on here must have broken a wrist or have carpal tunnel (?) so let's hear what you guys do to ease the pain.

Rich

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
never broken a bone that I'm aware of, not do I have CTS that I'm aware of.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup fell 3 years or so ago my right leg was brused up and swollen mean, ankle broken.... still hurts when it's cold...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try one of those ACE (no relation) compression bandages. I love for when I "f" something up at work and whatnot. might also think about different handlebars if possible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure you would call it a wrist "support", however I do ride with a throttle rocker that helps relief some of the stress off of your fingers gripping the bars too tight.

I've found if you don't squeeze the bars so tight, make a conscience effort to keep your writsts straight, and bend your elbows most of the pain/numbness I use to experience has gone away.

Your mileage may vary though.

Cheers.

Tige

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
or get an I4 600. :) IMO they are a little more comfy as far as positioning goes. My '05 SVS leans me forward quite a bit, I've been thinking about new handle bars because of it. If i rode longer distances I would think it would be a must.

·
Registered
836 Posts
05SVS said:
or get an I4 600. :) IMO they are a little more comfy as far as positioning goes. My '05 SVS leans me forward quite a bit, I've been thinking about new handle bars because of it. If i rode longer distances I would think it would be a must.
Hah...I've never quite heard anyone recommend an i-4600 for wrist comfort! :lol:

I get the pain sometimes as well, and for a while was pretty paranoid about having CTS and paid a lot of attention to proper wrist position and not gripping too tightly.

Another thing I've noticed is that wearing a backpack greatly increases wrist pain. This could be because it cuts bloodflow or pinches your medial nerve(the same nerve which can be pinched in your carpal tunnel.), or because it forces you to grip tighter. If you're going to wear a backpack...wear one that has additional support straps on the stomach or chest.

Try the ACE bandage....good idea...dunno why I never thought of it.

One last suggestion...I've found that bikes with low clip-ons become dramatically more comfortable when you just "give in" to the riding position. Instead of trying to be more upright...just lean over more. This helps take almost all the weight off your wrists and puts your arms in a very comfortable position.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used a Throttle Rocke to rest my hand during a longer ride. It cost me $15.00 and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
take two tylenol and a few shots of vodka.

just kiddin. broke a bone in my left hand a while back, and on long rides it starts to bother me when i pull in the shift lever. i dont really do anything for it though, aside from maby poppin a couple tylenol. but no alcohol, of course. thats for after the ride! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wrist straps for weightlifting.

Also done several hundred miles after a severe wrist sprain using your regular drugstore wrist brace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had CTS back when I used to be a painter and I used one of the wrist braces you can get at wal mart that are made for helping with CTS. I rode a few hundred miles in one day wearing that and it helped quite a bit. My throttle lock also helps.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
...I've found that bikes with low clip-ons become dramatically more comfortable when you just "give in" to the riding position. Instead of trying to be more upright...just lean over more. This helps take almost all the weight off your wrists and puts your arms in a very comfortable position.

+1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts