Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commercial for a new video camera last night and wanted to see if anybody here has one yet. It's called the Action Shot and the commercial has Travis Pastrana and a few other extreme sports athletes in it. It's a standard definition camera that uses micro SD memory ad charges via USB. For $50 a piece, I'm thinking it might be worth a try. So... Anyone use one yet?

http://www.target.com/p/jakks-pacific-inc-action-shot-video-camera/-/A-14065160

Sorry for linking to Target, it isn't listed on the manufacturer's site yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The problem with cheap cameras is the image quality and steadiness of a shot. A camera like that is going to bounce and vibrate so much that the footage would more than likely be useless. Also with a non fisheye lens the FOV is going to be terrible. I would save my money and just get a used GoPro off of craigslist for $75 like I have done twice.

·
Registered
510 Posts
it's "made" by jakks pacific who makes wrestling toys, it's cheap and target has it listed in toys, not electronics. i wouldn't expect very good quality since it's a toy for kids.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've been looking for a cheap GoPro on craigslist for a while - I just want to evaluate my own riding with it. I've asked a few people to borrow - but no dice. I might just have to buck up and get one. Or if there is something that doesn't bounce around but isn't HD, I'd be fine with that too, if I can find that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been looking for a cheap GoPro on craigslist for a while - I just want to evaluate my own riding with it. I've asked a few people to borrow - but no dice. I might just have to buck up and get one. Or if there is something that doesn't bounce around but isn't HD, I'd be fine with that too, if I can find that.
I always tell myself im going to buy one next week. I finally bought a new one for $250 and it comes Wednesday. I'm pretty excited!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts