Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amperite STOP-ALERT 2M brake light pulsator. Because i'm lazy i'd rather have this pulse the brake light for me. I tried searching here but couldn't find it. I think there may be other brands that sell something like this, but i was hoping this one was good, because i get a discount at the website i found it on. I'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure of the rules concerning posting links, so i won't post the link unless someone confirms that its ok. Also, I just purchased an integrated LED taillight, and was wondering if these things work with LEDs as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Amperite, but I hope it has a timer before it pulses again, or else the pulsing in stop-and-go traffic will **** off everyone around you.

Be warned it can also cause target fixation by some drivers because they can be so eye-catching.

Make sure you follow the laws in your state, if they have laws pertaining to how many pulses are legally allowable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ Thank you, i think i'll get that one instead, since i have LED rears, cuz it says it works with LEDs and one i was looking at didn't specify.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check with DOT in your town/state. I was there when a Harley with the blinky brake lights got failed. Sad thing was that he had been waiting a couple of hours to get inspected and had obviously had the lights pass in at least one inspection.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Good point, sv650s_mem. Always check local regs before modifying safety equipment.

Since Hyper-Lites are auxiliary and the stock brake lights are unaffected they should pass anywhere (as far as I know). Still, always check.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I always wonder why people don't wire in a bypass switch so that they can pass inspection and then re-enable it easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, I'm new on this forum, hope its ok to bring old threads back to life.

Has anyone tried
?

This is interesting because it has a accelerometer so it not only blinks when you hit the breaks but if you are going down a hill and lightly on the breaks and someone cuts you off and you have to hit the breaks harder, it flashes you brake light again.

I was thinking of ordering one but wanted to see if anyone had experience with them first?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good but there ends my knowledge . Anything that makes us more visible is an improvement . If I could launch a bottle rocket with braking I would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts