Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
They are the best place you can go for a flash. I have an R1 and a ZX6R and in those forums, that is where everyone goes to get their flash...

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
You are more than halfway to being able to tune it yourself. https://www.woolichracing.com/products/suzuki/sv-650/2019/2019-suzuki-sv-650-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable
It's a bit involved but being able to flash your own adjustments when you want is much nicer than having to deactivate the bike. I found it interesting that the Woolich Racing guys only do a dyno check (to establish baseline tune) before heading to the track. It is rider input that determines the final tuning rather than just max power...lots more involved with how it feels and responds over blunt measurements on a simulated road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. All I want is to run a richer fuel profile to get rid of the jerkiness in the low rpms. I have a throttle tamer which really doesn't fix the problem. Also don't want to throw a lot of money on this since I am not racing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
"
Included features:
Remove all throttle based restrictions
Remove all speed and gear based restrictions
Optimize ignition timing for 91+ octane pump fuel
Fully customized high resolution fuel mapping
Adjust rev limiter
Disable closed loop mode

That last one seems like a recipe for cooking the catalytic converter. I wouldn't do that unless I was putting a full exhaust on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna call them next week to determine what to do specifically for my bike. Will keep the closed loop disabling in mind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I sent my ECU to 2WDW's for reflash and I'm happy with the results. I have a full M4 system and they flashed to that set-up. You also get free reflashes if you do any other mods to your bike just pay for postage. I called them and they are very helpful. I also had them flash my MT07 with same good results.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Thanks for the info. All I want is to run a richer fuel profile to get rid of the jerkiness in the low rpms. I have a throttle tamer which really doesn't fix the problem. Also don't want to throw a lot of money on this since I am not racing.
Most of the time when a throttle is too sensitive it's because the mixture is too rich rather than too lean....so richer won't help the problem. I have a tune for the SV1K (K5-8) that runs SUPER lean (like 17:1+at cruise) and it runs great. Gave the tune to a fellow with a stock engine (Yoshi cans...dual exhaust) and he likes it a lot. His biggest complaint had been the abrupt throttle coming from decel to neutral or power like you do coming out of a corner and leaning the low speed light throttle areas cured this. You also can alter the ignition which is largely where they get their emission compliance. Down low has little lead but then at very high revs they go crazy with the timing while dumping fuel. It's way over the minimum timing for max power area so adding more doesn't help and it's only a matter of how tolerant the combustion chamber is to detonation and what kind of fuel is it running? Octane isn't a problem normally because the engine really doesn't like to pull hard down low so you can't stress the burn before 4000 rpm or so which is why they run fine on 87. Much more timing at cruise with 10 degrees less at high revs works pretty well with a 12.5CR Yoshi 2-1 and no STV's. Something similar would probably work nicely on the 650.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts