1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm intrigued by it for sure, but I wonder about the safety of flip-up helmets in a face-first crash. Anybody know of any place to go for crash test data on flip-up lids?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
A mate of mine owned one, and he tested it quite thoroughly when he rode his sister's Lambretta scooter into an oncovered manhole :eek: It stood up very well to a huge face-first impact. He suffered minor neck injuries, but you can't blame the lid when you face-plant like that.

Plus, those wee pop-down shades are absolutely fantastic, you feel like you're flyign Airwolf :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
martin_j001 said:
Nice looking helmet, make sure to post up your thoughts on it after you've had it a while. It can be had from dealers in the US too.... http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Caberg-Justissimo-p-17144.html
I sure will. I saw the US sources, but they are more expensive than sourcing from the UK and have a limited selection of colors. I wanted the metallic blue so I had to order overseas.

"Does it have an EPS chin bar?"

No idea. I think so, and will try to remember to follow up once I have it.

"Did you order it without trying one on first? I've ordered almost all of my gear without trying it on...except my lid. "

Unfortunately its just not possible. Luckily I have a fairly normal shaped head and know my metric size pretty well.

I just really like the intergrated sunvisor. I first saw that on the schuberth s1, and said "I have to have it!" untill I saw the price. When I saw this with the sunvisor for cheap, and it got a 9/10 score from MCN, I jumped on it. The flip I could take or leave. It'll be nice commuting or touring, but I will probably use my regular full face for more focused riding like track days and dedicate sport riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a Caberg Brutus, ordered from the UK. It didn't fit my head at all. I have an oval "Arai" shaped head, and the Brutus seemed designed for round-heads. It created an unbearable pressure point on my forehead... Just an FYI for those considering it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.