Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep, whatcha wanna know? Its a little buzzy for commuting/highway, i prefer the 15/44 for that. But, if you gonna be hitting the back roads it's a good combo.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I had it, liked it for the most part, but it made my gas mileage suffer and made my teeth hurt on the highway. I was running 6k at 75pmh.... That's too much for me. So I went back to 15/45 and like it much better. I want to go to 44 for my next set of sprockets.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info! Thanks! I think I am going to go from the 15/44 to 15/45 on my SVs just for the fun of it! We'll see how I like it!

J

·
0 Posts
i had 14/45, and it was buzzy on highway, but fun out accelerating 600s! ;) i think it was about 6.5G rpm at 120km/h. anything above 135-140 was just painfully numbing. went back to stock on the front, just to increase my cruising speed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Im running a 15/47 which is pretty close. I wanted a 45/46t but nothing could be found anywhere in a 520. It was either stick with the highway gearing the bike came with, or give the 47t a try.

So far I can say that its great for not highway, and spins the motor up higher than I would like at cruising speed.

Doing 85mph I sit around 7k. It makes doing much faster for a long period not very pratical. Ill see how millage hit I get after I run a few tanks though.

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm i normally run 9K + with no problems with vibration however it could be because that is what I'm use to. I honestly don't like to let the bike get below 7k and anything lower then 6.5k and i will down shift. I have the stock 15/45 gearing and will be going up to a 46 as soon as i can. When i first got the bike i hated to be above 7k. Now I'm use to it and cant see how i ever road the bike like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running a 15/46 combo and it's by far the best gearing I've found. Didn't notice much difference in mileage from the stock config but it's much better than a 14/44 set-up.

·
Registered
514 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
Thanks for the good info. I'm going to try the 15/46 combo and see how I like it.
If you are doing a 520 conversion at the same time, good luck finding a sprocket.

Parts 411 said another 2 weeks on 46t and 4-6 weeks on 45t from AFAM.

SS is gave me a 5 week lead time on anything 520 for the SV.

·
Registered
597 Posts
{PMS}fishy said:
If you are doing a 520 conversion at the same time, good luck finding a sprocket.

Parts 411 said another 2 weeks on 46t and 4-6 weeks on 45t from AFAM.

SS is gave me a 5 week lead time on anything 520 for the SV.
Stay away from the 520. It's just a pain in the @ss.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 520 conversion on my bike with 15/46 combo. I have vortex sprockets witch are no problem getting. I really dont know why people are having a hard time finding sprokets for the 520 chain. Anyway I changed back to the 46 after having a 47. Like it much better. Pulls nice in the 6k to 8k range. Not sure about the gas mileage. I avoid the highway when I can. Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts