Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for an SV for a race bike. the bike will be for my son who is very small and the smaller Galdius is attractive to us.

My question is does it stand up against the SV in "stock vs stock" trim.

We will be racing in the Super Sport Legal Classes and would be doing the usual mods like Suspension, Exhaust, Brakes, etc. but staying Super Sport Legal.

Will the Gladius make as good a race bike an the SV or should we just stick with whats proven.

Thanks, Anthony:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Get an SV. A used gladius might be $5k plus excpect another $2k to track prep it minimum. Or buy a decent used track SV for $2500. Then you can refresh the engine, and suspension and start off with a great bike with an extra $4k or so.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Is the Gladius smaller? I didn't think that it was....

Anyway, regardless of size & race part availability, if you go with the Gladius, you'll also be without much advice/support from fellow racers. While I'm sure there are some racers out there on the Gladius, I don't personally know of a single one and trying to get a race program off the ground while essentially being a test pilot is no easy feat.

How small is your son? I'm willing to bet an SV or perhaps even a 125gp bike would be a much better choice.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Gladdy isnt really any different in size... I would vote SV or 125GP bike as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts