Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a lot of respect for rat bikes. Their owners dont care about looking cool. Post some pics, the more ghetto the better
I don't agree with you, most people with rat bikes care a great deal what their bikes look like. They try to make them look old and beat up on purpose so people think they don't care very much about them and or are a super hardcore rider. When in fact most rat bike owners can hardly ever ride their bikes due to them either a. being piles of crap that break all the time or b. they have been modded to the point of being so uncomfterable they can't ride them for any real distance or time. I have plenty of friends with rat bikes and I had one myself. I like the way some of them look but some are just plain stupid.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Well the problem is what is a definition of rat bike? Is it purposely chopping up a decent bike to make it "look" rat..or is it a rat bike that just made it's way there through the course of life, and the owner doing just enough to keep it running and on the road?

The latter should be a true rat bike....anything else is just poseriffic.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I call my bike a rat bike. Hasn't been washed in two years and none of the plastics are in good shape. Been crashed about 4 times. Rode it on wet salted roads this year and didn't get around to rinsing it so now there's oxidation, too.

I'm kind of ready for a new(er) bike.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
"rat," the polar opposite of "bling." hope that clarifies things.;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is the 750 I just got rid of, I didn't consider it a rat but my dad did. The seat setup sucked, couldn't ride it more than 15 minutes. I actually bruised my bum one day riding it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts