Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, James Wilkins did a great tip on how to install clipons:

http://www.svrider.com/tips/clip-ons.htm

And I think I accidentally found an even easier way. Specifically, the issue is that there is no room under the SV upper triple clamp for clipons with the stock SV headlight bracket. James' tip is to slip on the headlight bracket upside down, and squeeze the clipon hardware into a space on the bracket. Then there is a little bending of the bracket to get everything aligned again.

The GS500 headlight bracket is about 3/4\" shorter than the SV bracket, and it looks like all the hardware should mount up.

Anybody contemplating clipons want to try these headlight brackets? (how about just pay me for shipping them and be my guinea pig?)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Tag to see if I can do this.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Good info.
Also, if you have stock SV brackets, and want them shortened, I have done a few sets.
Cut and reweld.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just cut my headlight brackets down by an inch and tig welded them back together, then put them on the opposite side that they came off of to make everything fit perfectly, ill try to get some pictures if you need them, but the bike looks 100x better and it deffinately changed the handling for the better

chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts