Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much hassle was it? was it a straight forward bolt on or did you have to much around modifying some things?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried and it would not fit. The horn is up front under the radiator. It was too tight a fit for the soundbomb. Might be able to make a bracket or something to make it work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A local motorcycle shop was able to mount the Soundbomb using a straightened wall bracket. It's a tight fit but it's been working. The Denali wiring harness was used.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
no luck trying to install the soundbomb mini yesterday with extension brackets. the 'plug and play' connectors are not compatible. the soundbomb terminals are about 1.5" apart, but the stock terminals are 1" apart...

maybe i should return :(

Edit: got a little more aggressive with the setup to get it to work. Snipped the terminal connector, snapped off the power connector on the radiator fan to give the horn cabling more slack. Used the Denali accessory bracket and an extra 6mm bolt and nut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Soundbomb Split installed on my 2017.

It was pretty simple to install, using the included wiring harness, zipties and relay

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Omrikat, for me the soundbomb would more of a novelty then a functional piece than being a safety device, I don't tend to ride around in heavy traffic with multiple lanes, so using a horn is something I hardly ever do, would be nice to step by step how you installed yours :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is old, but I just installed a SoundBomb with the wiring harness. The wiring harness should have made the install easy. Unfortunately for me, 2 of the wires had 'opens' where they crimped the wires to the 'spades' for the OEM horn wires. I had to uninstall everything and do continuity test on all the wires to find it. After soldering the connectors back and rewiring, everything worked, but it was a PITA. Although it looks like a solidly built kit, save time and do a continuity test before installing.

As far as mounting location, I found a spot on the left side of bike down by the head. I initial bent an "L" shaped bracket into a "U" thinking to put some space btwn the horn and header. I ended up cutting off the "U" part and using the straight part.

The horn is LOUD and if the wiring harness wasn't faulty this would have been an easy install. The hardest part was finding a mounting location. I think an easier option would be to get the "split" model.

Anyway, I hope this will help someone else who plans on doing this mod.

IMG_3721.jpg IMG_3722.jpg IMG_3725.jpg IMG_3716.jpg IMG_3710.jpg IMG_3708.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same general location I used for the Denali Soundbomb compact. I located
the relay in the stock horn braket behind the radiator, then just slipped
on the original wire connectors to the relay so I only had to run a fused
hot wire to the relay and a ground from the horn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same general location I used for the Denali Soundbomb compact. I located
the relay in the stock horn braket behind the radiator, then just slipped
on the original wire connectors to the relay so I only had to run a fused
hot wire to the relay and a ground from the horn.

View attachment 54138
Nice. That install sounds clean. The wiring kit is a bit bulky since they assume you would keep relay under the seat. Was it hard working behind the radiator or did you remove it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice. That install sounds clean. The wiring kit is a bit bulky since they assume you would keep relay under the seat. Was it hard working behind the radiator or did you remove it?
Removing the stock horn allows alot of space to zip-tie the relay to the horn bracket.
I used a billet aluminum clamp around the upper frame with a flat steel bar extending downward forthe horn mount. Here's a pic of the clamp;

Here's a picture from a bit further away. What I tried to accomplish is to make the horn blend in, but "it is what it is" since its large (even though its called compact).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts