Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an offer from both Two Brothers and Jardine to allow them to test their exhausts on my Daytona. Seeing as how my bike only has 150miles on the odometer right now I'm a little hesitant but the deals that they're offering are hard to pass up on. Anyone got a opinion?

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Both are reputable companies, so I'd be willing to bet that even their prototypes are okay. Besides, is it really possible to incur engine damage from an exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
well, im sure he is concerned they are going to disregard that the bike is within the break-in period and wind her up long before the recommended mileage and stress has been put on the motor.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood, then, but I thought they were offering to give the op a pipe for him to road test, not that they were going to take the bike from him and dyno it and such. Would the mfgrs even want to lab-test a bike that hasn't been broken in?

If I'm wrong, then I guess it depends on how you feel about engine break-in. Hard or soft -- the age-old debate. If you belive in breaking it in hard, then maybe this isn't such a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood, then, but I thought they were offering to give the op a pipe for him to road test, not that they were going to take the bike from him and dyno it and such. Would the mfgrs even want to lab-test a bike that hasn't been broken in?

If I'm wrong, then I guess it depends on how you feel about engine break-in. Hard or soft -- the age-old debate. If you belive in breaking it in hard, then maybe this isn't such a bad idea.
i most likely misunderstood.. lol

If they are just offering you exhaust for cheap, then there is no reason not to do it.. its not like a slip-on is going to be able to do anything. If its a full system, you may want to go ahead, get a better filter, have it dynoed/ remapped (after you have gotten it properly broken in - that just may mean you are gonna have to go for a kickass trip on a weekend :evil6:)

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I would like to make it known to any and all companies that I am open to test any products or bikes you want to send me for free. :)
LOL. Me, too! and gear... could really use some new gear....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys about not being more clear. Yeah my tona has 160 miles on it right now. Two bros I think is just going to fit the exhaust to see if it actually fits or not because the turn around is only 2 days. While Jardine needs my bike for dyno testing and what not. My compensation is a discounted price of $360 for the Two Bros and a free exhaust from Jardine. Maybe I should do both.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You'll find arguments both ways about break-in. Some people say it's absolutely necessary, some people say it's worthless. Why don't you go for a 300-mile ride then let them have at your bike?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Sorry guys about not being more clear. Yeah my tona has 160 miles on it right now. Two bros I think is just going to fit the exhaust to see if it actually fits or not because the turn around is only 2 days. While Jardine needs my bike for dyno testing and what not. My compensation is a discounted price of $360 for the Two Bros and a free exhaust from Jardine. Maybe I should do both.
I would say you get your daytona broken in asap and take the jardine

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
break in is a myth, most racers I talk to get the best life out of their engines from running them hard from day 1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts