Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up a whole front end today, but I'm not too knowledgeable on swapping all the stuff out. Does anyone live close to San Diego that might be able to give me a hand? It would truly be awesome!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I live in North County but unfortunately I have zero experience with that mod. I've taken off the fork tubes and installed emulators and springs but that's as close as I've come to removing the front end. Do you have everything you need to do the swap?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I have all the parts. I checked with this list:

Clip-ons
Triple clamps
Forks
Axle
Wheel
Calipers
Rotors
Fender
And all associated hardware.*
If you have a 1999 - 2002 SV then you also need a top bearing kit from TWF and upper bearing dust cover 51643-33E00.*

You DO NOT need the controls, levers, perches, hoses or cables. If you're using a radial front end then you need a radial master cylinder, otherwise you can keep using your SV master cylinder.
I'm hoping I have all the appropriate associated hardware, not really sure what it should be. He said he gave me all the bolts, but if I'm missing some I guess I'll pick them up at the dealer or somethin. I'll have to fab a bracket for my headlight and gauge cluster I think, but I can put the bike together without it for right now.

edit: It wouldn't hurt having a pair of extra hands. Sounds like you have experience taking the tubes off, so that is definitely something.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Where do you live? I work all week and then I'm off to Palm Springs next weekend to visit my in-laws. Trust me, I'd rather help you work on your bike. ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'll be there in a couple of weeks. I have no experience with swapping a front end, but on a whim I'd love to watch, be an extra hand, and run for pizza and beer when necessary :)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
You also need the speedo mod.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I forgot about that, but at least I can get the bike on its feet without it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts