Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter, I'm going to write one anyways...
I was looking for a new motorcycle to replace my 82 Yamaha XJ 750. My criteria was that it had to look like a motorcycle, not be plastic clad, and perform at least as well as the XJ, which was fairly quick for a cruiser. I REALLY wanted a Ducati Monster, but the cost and maintenance were high, and my friend had been waiting for a year for some part for his...I remember looking through the 1999 Cycle World Buyers Guide, and thinking the SV might be the one...so my BF called me up a day later and said "I just found the bike for you". Of course it was the SV. Her advice was great, I loved that bike from March of 99 right up until May of 05 when a blonde ex stripper on her way back from an AA meeting knocked me off it. Not too badly damaged, but the collarbone break was pretty bad. Well, I decided to make it look like a Triumph Speed Triple when I repaired it, it was kind of already in my mind before the crash. So, with same BF in tow, I went to check out the new Triumph shop and see one in person. She said "buy this bike", so I did. Once again, great advice...except the SV sat in the garage next to the 73 Mach 1 I never drive...I finally got tired of looking at it looking at me, and decided "I need to finish this bike". I'm a carb cleaning and gas tank away from having it ready to ride, and just a little elbow grease and paint from being back to mint.

If you made it this far, the beer is on me...:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Welcome! Pics of the bike and car, please. I've always wanted a mach 1 or boss mustang.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Lousy pic, 3 flat tires and covered in dirt, but it was completely rebuilt before I put it away...in 1985...

Dirty, but just needs a little more love to be ready to go.

I guess I owe a few beers already...after the ride only please!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts