Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I used Dynabeads in my front tire for 8K miles. No balance issues but my tire developed cupping. I can't say for sure it was the beads, but two other tires on the bike did not cup using wheel wgts. The only difference I see with these is that they are made from glass vs ceramic material. What makes them so much better than Dynabeads? Some swear by the beads. I have no desire to use them again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Dynabeads in my front tire for 8K miles. No balance issues but my tire developed cupping. I can't say for sure it was the beads, but two other tires on the bike did not cup using wheel wgts. The only difference I see with these is that they are made from glass vs ceramic material. What makes them so much better than Dynabeads? Some swear by the beads. I have no desire to use them again.
Yeah, after doing a bit more research I'm just gonna go ahead and invest in a static balance stand.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have "something" in my tires. I'm assuming it's dyna-beads, or at least I was until just now since I didn't know that there was a like product.

In any case, my tires make a whooshing sound when ya spin em. They run fine, are wearing fine and don't have any weights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts