Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know the best way to get to the connection at the other end of the line that connects to the caliper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dumbass didn't read thread title... sorry.

The caliper line is a stupid design that runs up the swingarm and then has a junction before another rubbish line that goes up to the ABS box.

I think I had the rear wheel off and possibly shock and/or exhaust when I did mine so access was easy.

The line in the Galfer kit that I got was long enough that I could delete both the factory soft lines, and I got a little custom 90deg elbow made up to go into the control box.

Phone has corrupted the photos I took, sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dumbass didn't read thread title... sorry.

The caliper line is a stupid design that runs up the swingarm and then has a junction before another rubbish line that goes up to the ABS box.

I think I had the rear wheel off and possibly shock and/or exhaust when I did mine so access was easy.

The line in the Galfer kit that I got was long enough that I could delete both the factory soft lines, and I got a little custom 90deg elbow made up to go into the control box.

Phone has corrupted the photos I took, sorry.

I was able to get it done with some patience and a variety of flare nut spanners. If you have a chance to take more pics I would like to see what your install looks like. I installed the Spiegler kit and the line going into the ABS box almost did not fit (the elbow was too close to the part that sticks out).

·
Registered
92 Posts

Finally remembered to get a pic... which turned out to be harder than I thought!

This is looking through between the subframe, past the rear reservoir on the right.

What you can see is the black braided line, with fitting on the end that attaches to the stock grey hardline... which I had shortened and bent into as compact a 90deg bend as possible for the flaring tool to grab.

The braided line runs from the caliper up the swingarm and then straight up to the ABS module, instead of looping all the way around to the shock with the extra rubber extension line. I've made sure there is enough slack for the swingarm to move.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was able to get it done with some patience and a variety of flare nut spanners. If you have a chance to take more pics I would like to see what your install looks like. I installed the Spiegler kit and the line going into the ABS box almost did not fit (the elbow was too close to the part that sticks out).
Recovered some old pics from anotherforum that my phone had since corrupted. This is the best shot of the actual hardline elbow I had made up:

This is the old and new lines side by side:

The new braided line is only intended to replace the rubber portion, up to where it joins the hardline. I used that hardline because the connector is a known fit, and had it cut down and reflared.

This shows the path of the rear line. Stock it goes all the way up the swingarm and then the hardline snakes up to the top of the ABS box. Nuts to that... new line just curves liesurely upward:

(It is secured with a P-clip to that bolt, along with the sensor wire.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a pretty good relationship with Core Moto and they do not make a set for ABS yet. However, Spiegler can custom make them for you. I work at a moto shop had some made for a customer's 2020 SV650X. Not bad but I do like the fit & finish of Core Moto more so I plan to wait until they make a set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts