Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I don't post much, mostly lurking for the past year.  I have an 03 standard and found this picture last night.  I fell in love!  I've always loved the Buell firebolt look, but not the rest of the bike, ie engine, tranny, clutch, air cooled, extreme shaking, blah blah blah.  So I can figure out the dual headlight setup but anybody know what windshield that is from, but most importantly how you would mount that?  TIA

·
Registered
101 Posts
The owner's name is Ray, he's a friend living in Malta. Don't have his details though and he doesn't have internet so contacting him is difficult. The weather has been shit the past few weeks and haven't been out for a while and as its the only way I get to see him, through bike meets, its been a while since I've seen him. What I know is hat he used a couple of car Hella spot lamps for lights, a puegeot scooter windshield and a home made bracket to construct his front. It came out nice and compliments the minimalistic look of his bike. He's always changing and the last I saw him told me he's going to do something different again. As soon as he does I'll post photos on the site for him for all to enjoy.

I'm doing my own conversion using Buell Firebolt front parts, look here:

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Hah, I was looking at Buells yesterday and was pondering just that.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah, it has happened twice to me. Its almost like most people aren't aware any bikes besides cruisers and race replicas are made. They all say they really like it though.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I would ride a buell if they dumped that crap box engine and went for a derivative of the Vrod engine.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Honestly, I reckon the Harley lumps go a long way to making the Buells what they are- ludicrous, but in a good way. They just work in that chassis, don't know why. The bikes just owuldn't be the same if they didn't rock constantly back and forth and unscrew all their own bolts ;) Now, the gearbox, they should throw that in the bin- when he builds a new CityX with a clutch and gearbox that are connected to each other, I'll consider buying it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally I really love the black curvey SV. I have a pal over here who has one with ohlins springs who does a lot of track days. He absolutely loves it. If I bought another SV it would be just like his! 8)

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
What is that? Just an additional radiator down low in front of the header??

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Oil cooler. That pic always confuses me, it's so blatantly photoshopped that you'd assume it's a fake, then it turns out it's really not. (if you don't see the photoshopping, ask yourself where the top of the front cylinder is ;D)

·
Registered
571 Posts
yeah it's just an aftermarket oil cooler.

that bike just looks odd but it all works together for some reason.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Northwind said:
Oil cooler. That pic always confuses me, it's so blatantly photoshopped that you'd assume it's a fake, then it turns out it's really not. (if you don't see the photoshopping, ask yourself where the top of the front cylinder is  ;D)
Sorry But if any photoshopping was done was done by me. I am an illustrator and designer but the bike exists and the ony photoshoped part was the background which I did to bring out the bike out more.

If you're all still skeptical I could post the original photo.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
zunkus said:
I've always thought the silvers looked better when naked. Nice pics.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Zunkus, you must have misread my post, I never said it was a fake- I said it was a real bike that can be mistaken for a fake because of the use of photoshop.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Northwind said:
Zunkus, you must have misread my post, I never said it was a fake- I said it was a real bike that can be mistaken for a fake because of the use of photoshop.
No, you're right in that photoshop is a huge tool which does wonders. But this guy Ray does such great work on bikes that I thought I'd make it clear he really did this. I don't know if you happened to see what he did to his brother's Honda
( http://www.socalsvriders.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7202&perpage=15&highlight=black coffee&pagenumber=3 ).
He did some metal work which is unbelievable, I've seen the work up close and looks factory work.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
The other pics of the SV are great, does he still have the bellypan on? It doesn't quite fit the lines of the bike, but still looks damn good. TBH I'd prefer the 900 without the extra metalwork but it's nicely done.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
One of the things I like most about modifying bikes is they're never finished... But even by that standard, this one stands out ;) We'll see pics? I trust? Lots and lots of pics?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts