Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Trying to find out if I'm the Official Old Guy here, or not.
I don't know whether a claim to be oldest SVrider is something to brag about amonst all the youngsters.

Me, in 1968, on a HD 250 Sprint... had a Maico 175 (?) in 1963 but don't have a picture.

jb

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, let's not tell them...

NO YOUNGSTERS ALLOWED HERE !!!!!!

Guess you're it, so far.

My first ride may have been in the last couple months of 1963, not sure so I'm only claiming 1964. Honda 50 Cub ( They STILL make them!!!! ). Not mine, but got to ride most of the Hondas sold then, brand new, up to the brand new Super Hawk 305cc. Scary fast to this kid with no helmet or riding gear!

I'm thinking of starting a thread of all the stupid things I did.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK, let's not tell them...

GET OFF MY LAWN !!!!!!

Guess you're it, so far.

My first ride may have been in the last couple months of 1963, not sure so I'm only claiming 1964. Honda 50 Cub ( They STILL make them!!!! ). Not mine, but got to ride most of the Hondas sold then, brand new, up to the brand new Super Hawk 305cc. Scary fast to this kid with no helmet or riding gear!

I'm thinking of starting a thread of all the stupid things I did.
Fixed that for you.

. . . . . .

:hiding2:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was NOT COOL where I was.

I rode a buddy's Vespa in 1963. All I remember is it was blue & had a 3-speed shifted by twisting the left handgrip. The clutch lever was also on the left, and went up & down as you twisted the handgrip to shift. And the suspension was shot.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey eincello......

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS !!!!! to come over & cut it!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I turned 3 in December 1964. I'm a spring chicken compared to some of you geriatrics.

·
Super Moderator
6,911 Posts
Got me beat - I was 1 in '64.

Like your collection - 400/4, VF500 - good taste!

I've got a few old Hondas (Dream, 400/4, CB450) that all need my attention. Some day...

Jay

·
Registered
411 Posts
That was NOT COOL where I was.

I rode a buddy's Vespa in 1963. All I remember is it was blue & had a 3-speed shifted by twisting the left handgrip. The clutch lever was also on the left, and went up & down as you twisted the handgrip to shift. And the suspension was shot.
Yep, that's how my Vespa works, except it has 4 gears.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I piloted my first streetbike in 1967, but my first ride on my uncles harley was in 1957

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, let's not tell them.......
Sounds good to me.

The Maico was my first real bike.

This was about 1958... a Briggs lawn mower engine and a Willys (Jeep) transmission.... and NO brakes!

Not too long after, I took that engine and put it in a homemade scooter frame (similar to the current Honda Ruckus). That was my first motorized two wheeler.

jb

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I turned 3 in December 1964. I'm a spring chicken compared to some of you geriatrics.
You are borderline youngster....not sure you belong here.... :)

Put your new shock on yet? Mine's not here yet.

2 more weeks 'til the VF500 gets here. Yeah, you can ride it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Trying to find out if I'm the Official Old Guy here, or not.
Whoa whoa, wait a minute....was the gasoline engine even invented before 1964? What did you power your crazy two-wheeled contraptions with?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
terryb,

The shock went on easy peasy lemon squeezy. Next I need to get to the front boingers, and give it a good thrashing to see how well my money was spent.

I've also got dubtec's FE and new turnsignals waiting to go on.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Me too, but November. So makes me slightly older than you.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts