Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a '71 Yamaha CS3 that I bought in November, and am getting ready to tear into. Has anyone ever had one of these? It's my first two-stroke and I'm amazed at how simple it is. Paid $250 for it with a clean title, and 8K original miles.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a great photo. The vice grips laying on the socket set and the rat's nest of an extension cord just sets it off.
Ha- yeah, seriously. I was happy to get it home to my garage. Although I do own a set of vice-grips myself...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, everyone. The websites will definitely be on my favorites for the next few months as I get rolling on this thing. I got it running on one cylinder once I got it home (the garage in the photo is not mine :)) but it needs a good carb cleanout. The oil pump works like a charm, though, and the rest of it is in pretty decent shape, other than everything being spray-painted silver (including some on the tires...).

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I would research to see what parts, if any, are interchangeable between your rather rare CS3 200 and the later, more common RD200.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would research to see what parts, if any, are interchangeable between your rather rare CS3 200 and the later, more common RD200.
Will do! I hope I'm not destroying a classic here by going the cafe racer route. I am no collector, I just like what I like. The seat and some other things are pretty bad, so I'm going with a Bates style seat and cafe bars, no fairing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts