Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decide to polish my scratched rear sets and passenger pegs, basically all the silver painted parts. this turned into a bigger poject than i expected, the parts look amazing but i need to chose a clear coat so i dont have to polish all the time i plan on polishing the wheel lips as well because they are scratched from tire changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would like to see pics. I have an 2nd gen with a silver frame, and have been wondering what to do with my rearsets. I am leaning towards just cutting the heelguards off and making some flat carbon fibre ones. But I would really like to see pics of pollished and clear-coated. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
yeah really we need pics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hadnt thought about pics i will take some when i get off work ( yeah im at work) and try to post some. havnt tried that yet but should be easy enough. the parts are not coated yet. i was hopping someone else would have done this and had some suggestions. the cast aluminum parts look terrible once the paints off and need lots of polishing just to get the rough edges and casting markes off. i started with 400 grit wet paper and progressed up to oooo steel wool then finish with mothers mag and aluminum almost looks like chrome but then again i dont like chrome so i thought about a black adonized coating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts