Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel like spending $175+ but the stock 1st gen levers are hideous. What are you guys running thats different? Any pics or links?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i'm getting some new setup from ASV thru my work. . . for less than that. Street setup is like a C5 product from them. check em out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Some one on here had posted a link on shortening the stock levers using (surprise) a hacksaw, and then using steel epoxy to fashion an end ball, then painting with Plasti-Dip. I've done the first two steps on mine (cutting and the epoxy), and am in the process (very slowly) of sanding it down to the perfect shape before I paint it.

$10 in materials vs. $100 per lever?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Some one on here had posted a link on shortening the stock levers using (surprise) a hacksaw, and then using steel epoxy to fashion an end ball, then painting with Plasti-Dip.
You rang? ;D

If you're just looking for shorty levers and not all about being flashy, this is the way to go. I actually just cut mine last night and stuck the epoxy on there. I'll sand it down tonight. I took pics so I can put them up here if you want. I got the idea from this thread, so all credit goes to him. Only thing I did different was to drill a hole through the end of the lever and shove epoxy through it to make sure the ball wouldn't come off.

There's also ASV, but they're pricy too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts