Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Any Gun Lover Here?

5K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  Jay V 
#1 · (Edited)
Is there anyone who have experience with this rifle:
Savage Model 64 Series Rifle

#7 ·
No experience with the Savage but have been having fun with a Ruger 10/22 with a tactical stock for years. For a hand gun the Walther/Colt 1911 - .22 is blast, same weight as a .45ACP 1911 with no recoil. You can't go wrong with a decent rimfire for having fun and perfecting skills. I've been looking at the Henry lever action rimfire, much lower cost ammo.

Good luck on your decision, let us know your opinion if you get it.

#8 ·
No experience with rifles.
25+ yrs active practical shooting competitor here.
Regularly attended (until 4 years ago) Italian League as well as several international matches all over Europe (one in Florida too!).
In 2007 qualified for European handgun championship.
Been one of the 10 moderators for the international practical shooting confederation (IPSC) forum for 20+ years.
My handguns safe spans from 9x21mm to .45", through .357" Mag and .40" SW (my preferred match caliber).

#11 ·
Very impressive Skywalker! My collection includes various handguns. But I've never been a very good shot.

It's interesting you prefer a 40 caliber for your match shooting. I would think the 38/357 would be more accurate, with it's slightly smaller bore.

#10 ·

I bought this 64 a few months back. The quality of the newer model seems a bit lower, with the stamped steel clip and plastic stock. But it was cheap from Academy Sports. I've yet to shoot it.

Reactions: "A"
#13 ·
I am familiar with one of these model 64 variants: Savage Arms which comes pre-threaded for a barrel-end sound reducer.

I’m also familiar with the Remington 597 in 22 WMR, the magazines of which make what should have been a fine rifle virtually worthless. The Savage is a reliable feeder and accurate. To those who view the humble .22 with disdain, it is effective in a very important range of engagement for all kinds of varmints and will dispatch prairie dogs and squirrels (in particular) if the shooter is at least mediocre.

#14 ·
To those who view the humble .22 with disdain, it is effective in a very important range of engagement for all kinds of varmints and will dispatch prairie dogs and squirrels (in particular) if the shooter is at least mediocre.
Plus it's an absolute kick in the ass to simply go out plinking with.

#18 ·
Definitely a revolver shotgun (although it's a lot of time I hadn't seen one).
Judging from the tiny bore, I'd venture it's a .410.
Maybe a CIRCUIT JUDGE .45COLT/.410MAG?

BTW, nice bride. (y)

Reactions: Geo Smith
#26 · (Edited)
It's a IWI Tavor TS12, Israeli made, dubbed the Hebrew Hammer.
Damn that's one badass shotgun tbh. Dunno what would I use this for, but oh man it's probably so much fun to shoot
On the offnote, can anyone recommend some good 223 ammo ? Been using mostly Federal and Winchester, but those are pretty scarce, especially considering that CPR got pretty high lately.

#29 ·
Nice collection Boomsling. My son is into it more than I, but we've got loads, shotguns, handguns, and rifles. You never know when the zombies are coming to rob and kill you.

Reactions: Boomsling
#36 ·
Just saw a YouTube video of a motorcyclist flicking a truck off. The truck pulls up on a red light and asks "What if I shoot you?" and shows a gun. Motorcyclist responds with "Then I guess I am dead."
Flipping someone off while riding is a total bonehead move.

Showing someone a gun in a threatening manner is also stupid, and in most places illegal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.