Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning a 2000ml ride down to flordia. ive noticed after about 90min. of riding my butt gets way sore. thinking about sheepskin gel seat covers. anyone have any advice? much thanks,
fare

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i've got a corbin and for the longgg rides, i use a sheepskin pad that i got from Areostich, the backside of this is a foam waffle kinda thing, just right, you can strap it down or just freeballit, just don't stand up at speed!!
cost me $69.95 IIRC, works GREAT..

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
For those of you that run the sheepskin, a few questions. How does it affect sliding on the seat for taking corners and such? Can you move freely on it or does it offer some resistance? What pants are you wearing with it? Thanks

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
in my case, both leathers and jeans without prob, 'course i don't 'hang off' either i'm a leaner...

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
planning a 2000ml ride down to flordia. ive noticed after about 90min. of riding my butt gets way sore. thinking about sheepskin gel seat covers. anyone have any advice? much thanks,
fare
Never used a sheepskin, I would think it would be pretty hot in FL, but I can definitely recommend the wooden beads (like the Beadrider http://www.beadrider.com/). You can buy a car seat sized bead pad for about $9 at AutoZone. It was big enough to cut apart and make 2 seat covers for my FJR. I don't tour on the SV so I can't say how it would work there, but for $9 I would certainly give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts