Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
They were mentioned in a racing thread and it says they add MAYBE 3-4HP, and that is a big MAYBE.
You will get a small difference, and you will get a nice intake sound ;D
I have the 35-35 stacks but i did some other stuff at the same time, so i can't tell how much off a difference they make.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I wonder about building some from PVC pipe, get the sch80 style thats nice and thick and you could make a decent flare at the tip, glue on a couple 90deg brackets to the bottom and bolt on. $10 later, and make them as tall as you want. though with a real tall one you would likely wanna flip your airfilter upside down so it could fit.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The butt dyno could easily translate into a placebo effect as well. If you have some money to burn, go for it. If not and you want to run a bit faster, loose weight either on yourself or the bike. A smaller battery is a good start.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
my dad has a machine shop and im thinkin about having him make me some for the sv. do they have to be a certain size? by the way they are supposed to work, it doesnt seem like the size matters, except for the diameter of course.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
my dad has a machine shop and im thinkin about having him make me some for the sv. do they have to be a certain size? by the way they are supposed to work, it doesnt seem like the size matters, except for the diameter of course.
size matters ;)

Depending on the length you get more/less hp in a certain rpm range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For what it’s worth, Factory Pro, the shop that is selling those stacks is one of the highest, if not the highest recommended dyno tuning shop in NorCal. Marc’s passion is R&D and he engineers several performance products for various bikes. My SV (ex race bike) came with those stacks on it. I can’t comment on their use because I’ve only ridden with them in but I’m sure they would have been removed by the previous owner if they weren’t an improvement.

·
Super Moderator
7,091 Posts
size matters ;)

Depending on the length you get more/less hp in a certain rpm range.
Some of the kits I have seen have different lengths for each cylinder to stagger the effect.

Generally, long stack = lower RPM focus, short stack = higher RPM focus. That's why bikes like the new R1 and RSV4 Factory have moveable stacks. They lift the top section off at high rpms to expose the short stacks, extending the very top of the power range.

Don't know just how well it works for the SV. If longer stacks gave better power from 5000 to 8000 rpms, I'd be up for a set.

Jay

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed a set in my 04 zx10r last year and was able to tell a difference in the power delivery. I'll be ordering a set for my sv with in the next week or so and look forward to see how they will perform in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts