Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put some SS barke lines on my 07'. looking at spiegler brake lines or fren tubo lines. pricey.. are my only other options goodwrench or gaffer? any do's or dont's? thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like galfer. I may be biased but for the 100 dollars I spent with Blair at sv racing parts I really couldnt ask for much better brake feel.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Sport Bike Track Gear has Spiegler lines for a pretty good price. Plus you get to customize the line and banjo colors.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW dietrying310, thanks for that link. that pretty much seals the deal. i like the RED bango and SMOKE line for red07. just got chills... thx

·
Registered
827 Posts
i got some SS galfer lines from cyclebrakes.com for $89.

haven't put them on yet, but i've ridden a buddy's track SV with SS lines and wow, there is a definite difference.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
WOW dietrying310, thanks for that link. that pretty much seals the deal. i like the RED bango and SMOKE line for red07. just got chills... thx
D*mn you. I was going to put that exact same combo on my red 07. :BangHead:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I dont think there is too much difference between all the sets of lines. Get the ones that you think look the best and have a lifetime warantee. Make sure they are covered and not the bare stainless braiding on the outside. You should see how fast an unsheilded set can eat into a motorcycle fork.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
do route them properly
don't pinch them with the forks or the triples
don't tighten them down so that they are twisted or straining the ends
don't use them to strangle your cat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have galfer ss lines in the front. Make sure you get the right ones for your model. The naked lines are longer than the SVS lines.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
the nice thing abooot the Speigler lines is the adjustable ends, you shouldn't have to adjust them as they are made to spec.. when i did my Gxxxr fe, they made the 'up' line however long i wanted it!! twice!! lolo "you can always make it shorter" he said in the German accent..i just dealt with them direct as they are just in Dayton, abooot 35 miles from the house..

·
Registered
28 Posts
nice, i'll have to go that route. i have the fear of too short lines for my gsxr front end, as i can't just buy gsxr lines because i used the sv master cyl and lever.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How much longer can someone expect SS lines to last compared to the stock ones?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dietrying, i'll post some pics as soon as i install. lol great minds must think alike cuz that color combo on red07 should look fierce!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Any of the mentioned manufacturers are good. You'll get more grins and giggles from the simple fact you're replacing your DOT4 with new stuff than you will notice with the lines themselves.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's a question.

If you are doing the GSXR front end conversion, what would be a better brake line? The SS, or the Superbike?? The ss has the banjo bolt fitting, the Superbike has the "Direct thread in" lines. Does that just make the whole set-up truly radial?? Or is there any difference??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts