Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my '99 SV650, and the potential buyer's height is 5". So, we were wondering what mods can be done without altering too much the bike's handling.

Get a gel seat should help somewhat...

Suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any 5' tall SV650 owner?

I'm selling my '99 SV650, and the potential buyer's height is 5". So, we were wondering what mods can be done without altering too much the bike's handling.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Re: Any 5' tall SV650 owner?

DocRaceher said:

Suggestions?
5" huh? Exhaust plug ;)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
DocRaceher said:
By links do you mean wishbones?
By wishbones, do you mean dogbones?
Im pretty sure we are talking the same thing, the 2 linkin pieces of metal coming off the bottom of the shock.
They make ones that have 3 adjustable positions in order to lower the bike.
around $60-$75 iirc

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well my wife is 5' 0" and we had to take most of the foam out of the seat and I put a different set of dogbones in to lower it a little more. I also keep the shock at min. preload when she rides it. She can't flatfoot it but she can get both feet to touch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am 5'1'' and i had dogbones put on mine and the front end was lowered. I still was tip toeing so we took out about 2 inches of foam in the seat and now i can flat foot it!!! They also sell a lower seat so you dont have to shave the stock one. I havnt really noticed a huge handleing change but im a beginer rider. id rather be able to touch!

her is a pic of my seat and my rear end. its hard to tell just how low it is because when i took the pic the fender was off, but trust me its low!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts